Chapter Twenty Nine ~ Honesty Over Candlelight

Taehyung

Taehyung.

Taehyung threw together a simple meal of spaghetti in a rich tomato sauce, some rustic style bread fresh and warm straight out of the oven with plenty of butter and even whipped up a banoffe pie for dessert.

It was strange, him in the kitchen and actually cooking instead of just ordering out or dining in fancy restaurants....strange yet nice.

"You want wine?" Taehyung asked as he finished setting the table, head lifting and eyes settling over Y/N as she sat out on the patio.

"Wine would be lovely, do you have any red?"

"I've got a bottle of merlot somewhere, that okay?"

Y/N made her way back inside, fingertips dancing across the furniture so she could map out where she was and how to reach the kitchen.

"It smells good, nice of you to cook."

"Yeah well....it's usually you cooking or we eat out so thought this would be nice for a change." Taehyung watches, stops himself from reaching out to help because she's stubborn and he knows full well she wouldn't appreciate it.

"I don't think you've ever cooked for us before, not counting the times you've made instant ramen or microwaveable popcorn as technically that's not cooking."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, chuckling as Y/N reaches the table and pulls out a chair to sit down.

"So, describe the table to me."

Taehyung loves it when they do this, loves describing things to Y/N and watching as she lays it all out in her mind.

"I've put candles on the table, four of them so be careful when you're reaching across."

"What colour?"

"White, placed on a silver mosaic dish."

"Sounds nice, are they scented? I can smell rose."

"Yeah, figured that you would appreciate that. I know rose is one of your favourite scents too so thought it would be nice, picked them up before we left."

"I do appreciate it....carry on describing things for me."

"There's some fresh bread in a basket to your left, already buttered. To your right a wine glass, about to pour you some merlot now." Taehyung smiles, places a kiss to the crown of her head as he pours them both a glass.

"I even got some daisies for you, put them in a vase but couldn't fit them on the table so will put them on your bedside table later."

"You really thought of everything huh?"

"I wanted to do this, you deserve something nice and besides...it's my way of saying sorry for everything."

Y/N smiled, shaking her head. "Taehyung you don't have to apologise for anything, just explain things to me and don't leave anything out."