Chapter Forty ~ Reality

Y/N wishes she could go back to yesterday, where she was wrapped up in Taehyung's arms and safe from the harsh reality of what returning to Seoul means for the two of them but unfortunately no matter how much she wished and longed for it that wouldn't be happening at least not today.

It was strange to be back in her apartment, everything seemed so empty and cold without the warmth of Taehyung's voice or the way just hearing him moving around gave her such a sense of peace and tranquility. Taehyung had very quickly planted a place for himself within her heart and the roots had spread so quickly and beautifully that for the first time in her life she understood what it felt like to truly feel fulfilment.

"I'm glad you had a good time, just try not to think so much about what's going to happen now you're back."

Miles' voice drifts through the kitchen, filling Y/N's home with a little of that warmth she had been missing since returning.

"Did you call me to ask how my trip was or because you think I'm panicking and need calming down?" Y/N frowns in the general direction of where she knows her phone rests on the counter before turning her attention back to the tea she's pouring.

Miles sighs and clicks his tongue "Is it okay for me to call for both reasons? I'm just worried about you sweetie especially after your message this morning."

"I just said that Tae was a little subdued but that doesn't have to mean anything bad because we both were really. Neither of us wanted to leave the cabin and be apart again plus we don't even know what his mother has planned for us, she knows that we're back and that means she could strike out any day now."

"Please let me at this bitch, I'll give her something to be afraid of."

"I don't think that's a good idea hun, she's rich and has connections in all the right places." Y/N chuckles as Miles scoffs, she can imagine him rolling his eyes right about now. "Besides, this is something that Tae and I have to deal with together as a couple. I don't want anyone else I care about getting involved because that will only mean there's a possibility of them getting hurt and I would never forgive myself."

"I know but that doesn't make me feel any better about the situation because I'm your best friend and I'm supposed to protect you."

"Miles I love you for wanting to protect me but I'm a big girl and can look out for myself, I don't need you or Taehyung or anyone else for that matter feeling the need to go above and beyond for me. I mean don't get me wrong I appreciate it, it's sweet and I love you both for caring so much about me but sometimes you need to let me deal with things myself."

"Yeah but this isn't yours to deal with, you wouldn't even be in the mess if you weren't with Tae so he has to take on some responsibility for that."

"This isn't his fault." Y/N replies quite sharply as she approaches the counter with a cup of tea in hand. "It's not his fault his mother feels a need to control him and everything he does, he's scared of her even if he pretends most of the time to not care."

"I know, sorry if I overstepped with what I said."

Miles sighs, guilt obvious in his tone and Y/N doesn't want him to feel that way as she knows he's only looking out for her. "It's okay, I'm sorry for snapping back at you. It's just...." She pauses, lifts the cup to her lips and gently blows across the steaming peppermint tea to cool it down enough to take a sip. "....of course I'm worried, a little scared if I'm honest but I'll deal with whatever she throws at me because I love Tae, because to me he's worth it. I'm not about to turn my back on him now just because of his mother, he doesn't deserve that."

"Then together you need to put on a united front, you need to show her that nothing will break you. Gosh sweetie just think about it, you've survived so much throughout your life. Taehyung's mother is rich yes and like you said yourself she has many connections but you have something that she doesn't."

"Oh yeah and what's that?" Y/N smiles as she sits at the counter, fingers curling around her cup as she brings it to her lips for another sip.

"You've got people around you who genuinely love you, yeah his mother has connections and wealth but she doesn't have people behind her like you do. I won't interfere unless you ask but just know that if she does anything to hurt you, anything that puts you at risk nothing will stop me from unleashing hell on that woman."

Y/N's heart feels just about ready to burst.

How did she get so lucky to have such an amazing support system around her?

"I love you Miles."

"Love you too sweetie."

~

Later that evening as Y/N curls up on the couch with a pot of her favourite instant noodles there's an unexpected knock at the door which sends her heart racing....it can't be Miles or Cyrus as they were both working a late shift at work and it definitely wasn't Taehyung as she had just finished messaging him and said goodnight as he was heading to bed early.

So who the hell was it?

She places the noodles down on the coffee table and cautiously moves through the apartment willing herself to remain calm regardless of who it is.

"Hello, who is it?" Y/N calls through the door, palms flat against the surface as she waits for a response.

"Is this Y/F/N residence?"

A female voice replies sending a feeling of dread surging through Y/N.

"Yes, who are you? What can I do for you?"

"I'm Mrs Kim and what you can do for me Y/N is open the door as we need to talk."

Y/N's fingers start to shake, eyes widening as she tries desperately to remain calm.

What the hell is Taehyung's mother doing here?

((I bet you guys weren't expecting that 👀 what do you think will happen in the next chapter? What is Taehyung's mother up to 👀 these last two chapters I just wanted you guys to get a feel for how both Tae and Y/N were feeling after coming back home after their trip. The next chapter things are going to be explosive 👀💜 love you guys, thanks for your support and please let me know your thoughts as always.))