Chapter One ~ Meeting

((I started this story soooooo long ago now 🤣 back when I was experimenting with different writing styles which is why at times it switches perspective, please be patient with that as eventually the style sticks to third person which is personally more enjoyable for me. It's a little messy in places as this is a first draft and I haven't started to edit yet so any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated 💜 I'll be starting to edit soon, once I've got the time. This note was added 13/05/2020))

Edited 15/03/2021

Present Day.

Y/N.

"Yah Miles! Did you use the last of my milk?!" Y/N frowned, right hand exploring the inside of her refrigerator.

"Sorry! I did, it's on the top shelf!" His voice sounded from the bathroom and Y/N shook her head fondly as she moved her hand to the top shelf, smiling when her slender fingers found the carton and carefully wrapped around it.

"You know I don't leave it there, it's always in the door compartment."

"Sorry sweetie, I didn't think. Hey, can I borrow your shampoo?"

Miles had his own place but for some reason spent more time sleeping on her sofa.

Not the she minded.

"What's mine is yours."

"Thanks, is this coconut?! I love coconut, it smells amazing."

Y/N chuckles as she takes a couple of steps to the right, fingertips running across the cool granite before eventually knocking against the small pile of bowls she keeps out on the counter

"You mind giving me a ride to work today?" She calls out, hands finding the box of chocolate flakes and tipping some into her bowl. Y/N always knew when enough was inside as the small flakes started to hit the middle of her left palm which was placed inside the bowl to assist her in knowing when to stop pouring, the milk came next and this time she simply rested her left index finger to the side of the bowl and once the cold liquid greeted it she stopped pouring.

"Of course sweetie, it's on my way to the office." Y/N heard him turn the water off and step out. "I appreciate it." She smiled and took a spoon from the drawer before slowly turning and guiding her way to the dining table which was just on the other side of the open plan living space.

"That was much needed." Miles said brightly as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"You want breakfast?" Y/N asked, eating a spoonful of cereal as Miles' footsteps padded down the hallway and into the kitchen.