Chapter Twelve ~ Embarrassed

Y/N

Y/N.

"Y/N! You can't stay here all day, it's time to rise and shine!"  

Miles throws open the bedroom door and marches inside, his loud voice causing her to groan.

"Just let me sleep Miles!"

"I don't think so Y/N, ever since the charity event you've been wallowing."

She frowns, burying her face deeper into the pillow.

"No I haven't, I'm just not feeling well. I think it's flu, just let me sleep."

Miles pushes back the curtains and she feels the warmth of the sun caressing her skin.

Why couldn't he just let her sleep?!

"Y/N don't bullshit me, this isn't the flu."

She feels the mattress dip, Miles leaning over and gently placing a kiss on her cheek.

She feels her heart hammer against her chest, she really doesn't want to have this conversation.

"Miles please don't.....I'm fine."

"Sweetie don't act so tough with me, I know exactly what's going on here. Tell me what happened at the charity event, why didn't you go to breakfast with Taehyung like you promised? Why have you called in sick to work the last two days and ignored his messages?"

Y/N knew Miles wouldn't back down, he was stubborn and would sit there annoying her until she answered his questions.

"I like him."

It sounded weird to say that out loud, many times those same words had swirled around her head but never had they been out there in the open.

She felt vulnerable.

"Sweetie, I know. I've known that for a long time, is that why you're ignoring him?"

She sighs.

"It's not just that."

"I'm listening sweetie."

She rolls over so her back is flat against the bed, Miles shifts position so he can  lay beside her.

"I know he doesn't feel the same way about me, it was pretty obvious at the charity event. I did the whole face mapping thing, like I did with you and Cyrus. I just think he felt awkward, then after we came back downstairs and he hardly spoke to me. I don't blame him for not liking me in that way, he's Kim Taehyung and I'm just.....me."

"Hey! I don't ever want to hear you say that! There's nothing wrong with you, you're beautiful!" 

She chuckles, squeezing his hand gently as he laces their fingers together.

"I don't belong in his world, simple as that."

"Sweetie why do you think that?"

"Miles look at me, I'm not rich like him and there's nothing special about me. I'm blind, he doesn't need that kind of hassle." 

"Y/N stop! Enough of this nonsense! I've never seen you like this, so down on yourself. I've always admired your strength since you lost your sight, now you're playing the pity party. If Taehyung doesn't like you then somebody else will, you just have to wait for them to enter your life. I want you to stop this, get up and shower! You stink......"

She can't help but laugh, Miles joining her as he tickled her sides.

"Also, call Tae. I know he's worried about you, don't ignore him."

She gives a nod.

"Okay, I'll call him."   

She needs to make this right.

She doesn't want to lose him.