Chapter Sixteen ~ First Date (1/6)

Y/N

Y/N.

Y/N was nervous, that much was obvious as her leg bounced up and down.

"Y/N! Stop!" Miles chuckled and placed his hand on her knee, giving it a gentle squeeze to stop her from moving it.

"I'm sorry, I'm just really nervous."

"Yeah, that's pretty obvious sweetie."

"I don't know why, it's not like we haven't already kissed or spent time alone together."

She was sitting on her bed as Miles curled her hair, he always said it suited her best with loose waves.

"It's your first official date with him, that's why you're nervous sweetie."

She gives a nod, he was right.

"I know, guess I'm still processing everything. It's only been a couple of days since we told each other how we truly feel, it'll take time to get used to this."

"Exactly, relationships take work. It's not all sunshine and rainbows believe me, I mean....I love Cy bear with all my heart but sometimes that man drives me crazy. It'll be the same for you and Taehyung, especially as the two of you are so afraid of commitment."

"I'm not exactly afraid of commitment, I'm afraid of getting my heart broken."

"I know, it's easy to feel that way when you've got someone as beautiful as Kim Taehyung as your boyfriend."

She frowns at Miles' words.

"Are you saying I should be worried?"

"I....no, that's not what I'm trying to say. It came out wrong, I'm just saying that it's perfectly natural for you to be nervous as anyone in your situation would be."

Her frown at this point only becomes more prominent.

"So, you don't think I'm good enough for him?"

"What?! I never said that!"

"You didn't need to say that, it was pretty damn obvious."

"Y/N you're twisting my words, I never said that. Look....you're my best friend and I love you. I just want you to be careful, Taehyung is a good guy but he's never had a fully committed relationship before. I just don't want you to get hurt, I'm saying keep your guard up."

She decides to drop the mini interrogation for now, she didn't want her mood to sour before meeting Taehyung as he seemed so excited about the date.

She did have questions and concerns though, especially since Tae had disappeared for the last two days after confessing.

It was such a perfect night after they finally confessed, the two of them laying  together on the couch and watching movies as they talked.

Later once Miles and Cyrus arrived home the two reluctantly said goodbye and Tae promised to call the next morning, only the conversation they had wasn't one she was expecting.

Tae informed her that he was going out of the city on business which immediately caused her to worry as he never mentioned it to her previously.

Was he having doubts already?

He kept in touch, calling before going to sleep each night and sending messages whenever he could asking how she was and telling her that he missed her.

Yet that didn't stop Y/N from worrying, from second guessing herself.

She tried her best to relax, making conversation with Miles as he finished her hair and helped her dress.

She didn't want to wear anything to flashy or revealing, instead opting for something classy yet demure which was the style Taehyung loved.

Miles fixed her a cocktail, something to loosen her up before Taehyung arrived and after her second one he refused to make a third.

"We don't want you wasted on your first date."

She grumbled at this but knew he was right, that certainly wasn't the best first date impression.

She asked Miles the time as they sat on the couch waiting, he chuckled and reminded her this was the fifth time she was asking him.

She wondered if Taehyung was feeling just as nervous....

Not possible, Taehyung would never get nervous over something like this.