𝕏𝕏𝕍

⚠️ Warning! ⚠️
This chapter WILL get explicitly steamy, read at your own risk!

•••

"Aries? Can you hear me?" Phil asked Aries for the third time, surprisingly still patient. Again, the only response was a slow blink, his dark eyes faded and distant.

Libra, wanting to do anything she could to help, stayed on the side.

It was the next day, and the entire Zodiac was waiting for Philander's diagnosis on Aries. Hecate had called him last night, begging him to come. Libra had remembered her exact words, "Please... I can't do this without you... they like you better." Libra was just glad Phil accepted the offer.

Phil sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. Nobody moved, and no one even asked a question. "Well, I know what's wrong with him."

"What is it?!" Sag asked desperately.

"From the physical signs at least, I'm pretty sure someone gave him a soul rupture."

"A... what?"

"A soul rupture," Phil explained simply. "It's like his soul was twisted down to a little speck. It isn't permanent... I don't think."

"Why don't you know?" Aquarius pressed his father from the door frame.

"Because... Most of the time, a soul rupture results in death. You guys are lucky you aren't mortals anymore, or Aries would be in a lot worse shape. Now, anyone wants to explain to me how this even happened?"

A reluctant silence followed. Phil didn't push or pry but his look said it all. He sighed, sitting up straight on the bed. "Okay, everyone," He started again, much slower this time. "I know all of these sudden changes must be confusing and scary. But I'm here to help you guys. Hecate is too, and believe me, I know she's a bit stiff."

"A bit?" Aqua mumbled under his breath.

"Yeah, a bit." Phil challenged. "You know, she doesn't have to be here with you all. She could have reported you to the God King weeks ago. She's going against her entire realm's hierarchy to keep you all safe... in the only way she was taught."

"So Hypnos was telling the truth..." Pisces softly spoke, mostly to herself.

For once, Phil was taken aback. "Pisces, how do you know Hypnos?"

"He came to me in a dream."

"Really..." He looked off for a second, and Libra almost thought he was scowling. "It's been a while since I've seen him."

"You've met him? But he's-"

"A god, I know. More specifically, he's a Titan, like Hecate. They grew up together in Tartarus, but that's not my story to tell."

Leo, ever beside his girlfriend, hummed as his tail idly swished. Libra was proud that he was behaving today; he hadn't made a single crude remark or gesture toward Scorpio and vise versa. "How do you know about this?" He asked Phil, making the man chuckle.

"I've lived an... exciting life." He expertly answered, a mischievous smirk playing at his features. "Said life has given me lots of connections. Speaking of which, I need to make a call."

"To who?"

"Hephaestus, an old friend of mine. I just call him Phee though." Before anyone asked anything else, he raised a hand and said, "Yes the Olympian god, he and I go way back. Once he gives me access to the Universal Library, I can figure out a way how to fix Aries faster, and the sooner, the better. All of you are vulnerable when one of you is."