𝕏𝕀𝕀

"Hey, Mom." Scorpio held the bouquet of peonies in his hand.

The peonies around her tombstone were wilted and dried. Scorpio clicked his tongue, cursing himself for not visiting her more often.

He read her tombstone, even though he already had it memorized.

Here lies Cecilia Reyes.
October 30, 1960 - May 8, 1984
May her troubled soul find peace in the afterlife.

The words made Scorpio smile. If there was anything he believed his mother deserved, it was peace.

Putting the peonies in front of the tombstone, Scorpio sat and crossed his legs. "I haven't visited in a while," He continued. "I'm sorry."

He didn't wait for a response. "Life's getting busy. I have practice and work and classes... it's a lot. But that's just how you adult, I guess."

Scorpio opened his mouth and then quickly closed it again. He didn't want to bring up the Zodiac Cycle. No one else was around the cemetery, so if it were supposed to be a secret, Scorpio would keep it. He clutched his flowers harder as his eyes burned.

He knew he wasn't ready today. His reawakening, Scorpio didn't know what to make of it. Cancer was keeping him updated on what was happening with others. Libra had apparently grown wings yesterday. Now it was his turn.

It was cloudy, but Scorpio knew the sun was starting to set. His mother's tombstone's shadow grew longer. He couldn't read the comforting words anymore. It was almost time to leave. The last time he tried to spend the night, the watcher kicked him out.

"Mom." He started to scatter the peonies around her grave, leaving most of them at the front. "There's things happening, and... I'm gonna do the best I can. For you. And, no, I haven't forgotten about Dad."

Scorpio made a promise to take care of his dad. It's been two years since he's even thought about keeping it. But, today was a special day.

"I'll tell him goodbye." Scorpio said, looking up. The sky was filled with merging purple and orange. He smiled, his hair covering his eyes. "Just like I'm telling you goodbye, Mom. I don't think I have much more time to talk to you, especially after today. So..." Scorpio took a deep breath, getting back up again. "Bye, Mom."

Shoving his hands in his pockets, Scorpio walked his way to the entrance, leaving the peonies and his mother behind. He was proud of himself. The last three times he visited his mother, he couldn't stop crying like a bitch. Now, he was nothing more than a shell. Good. She doesn't need to see me cry.

Starting up his car, he pulled off, off to Damien Reyes.

Now for the hard part.

The route from the graveyard to his old home was a simple one. Scorpio memorized it in days. It was a little funny to him. When he was a child, he'd run away from his father. Now he's heading straight into the inferno. Mom would be proud.

Scorpio wasn't surprise when he pulled into the driveway. The house looked exactly the same from two years ago. Unkept yard. Dirty porch. Beer bottles scattered everywhere. Scorpio clicked his tongue, making sure to slam his car door loud enough.

This'll be the last day he sees me as a normal person. Scorpio knew this was a mistake. Going home was always a mistake. Still, he could never keep himself away from the old house on the outskirts of town. It was home, full of memories of sweet, sweet Cecelia.