𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕀𝕀

"It's late..." Pisces mumbled to herself. After Taurus left, a distinct, bitter hole weighed in her heart. It was hard to not be around someone so bright. His words replayed in her head like a broken record she refused to fix.

A dark, looming presence was beside her outside on the Field. Scorpio decided to keep her company. He still hadn't broken his self-inflicted vow of silence, and Pisces didn't want to force him to. She only wished he would tell someone how he was feeling; his turmoil and confusion was turning his soul darker and harder to see.

Still, Pisces sat in the grass, her own soundless anguish matching her friend. Faintly, dark energies roamed a ways away, but it was too far for Pisces to pinpoint accurately.

Oddly enough, their negative moods weren't unbearable to each other. Pisces never felt uncomfortable around Scorpio, it was impossible for her to be. Yes, he has disappointed her many times, and yes, she was aware that he was a very cruel person.

But, today, and every day since May 8, 1984, Scorpio has been in pain. Pisces could see its endless depth now, but even before she reawakened, it was obvious to anyone who ever got to know - truly know - Scorpio Reyes that he was suffering. Pisces didn't have to have the luxury of sight to hear his drained tone whenever he spoke.

Odder still, Scorpio had suddenly broken his days-old silence with, "You aren't afraid of me."

Pisces didn't even have to think about her response. "I could never be afraid of you, dear." There was too much pity for her to be afraid.

"But you see it," With every word, his aura stressed. Pisces blinked, turning her head to his voice. "You see the cursed energy, right? Doesn't it freak you out? I should freak you out. You should be as far away from me as possible. Why..." His voice cracked at the same time as his energy, forcing itself onto Pisces and threatened to bend her at will. Unfortunately for it, Pisces was much stronger than her nerves, just as Scorpio was more than his bleak aura.

"Oh, Scorpio," Pisces reached out, and immediately felt her hands full with his face between then. His emotions showed that he needed to be touched, cared for, loved. "You're no monster."

"I am...." He mumbled. Pisces could feel her hands getting wet. "I'm a monster, Pi... You... you don't understand."

Pisces understood that everyone's aura was connected to their emotions. A soul gave the aura a constant, general feeling, but emotions fluctuated it more. And, since Scorpio's emotions were so intense and suppressed, Pisces had to force herself to stay still when he exposed himself.

"Believe me," Pisces whispered, brushing away his cold tears. "I do. I can see you down to your purest form. There is nothing to be feared, because all there is is pain."

There was silence for a moment, but Pisces didn't see any animosity. A simple, cool understanding washed over him as he chuckled to himself. "Ah," He whispered. Pisces still felt tears prick her palms. "What does my pain look like to you?"

"Old," Pisces said simply, blinking as she brushed the younger Sign's tears away. "Rotten... it looks like you."

She felt his cheeks move. A dim light grew from the center of Scorpio's soul. It flickered, until it faded into the depths of his sorrow. Pisces smiled. For a small second, he was genuinely happy, and that was progress enough. "You know how to fix it?" He asked her lightly. Pisces knew he genuinely wanted an answer, though.