𝕍

"And there were like, 20 dudes all up against us!" Sagittarius was exclaiming and waving her hands as Scorpio drove to Aries's house. It was the next day, and Sag was much too eager to share her exciting pale ninja story with her ex-boyfriend. "All three of us fended them off, but one of them got on top of me so Aries had to shoot him! It was so badass!"

"Wow." Scorpio clicked his tongue. He kept his eyes on the road, and his voice hardly shifted. Sag knew he was still listening. "You called Aqua after that."

"Of course!" She rolled her eyes. "Who else would know about crazy home invaders with black blood and pale skin?"

"Fair- Wait. Black blood?"

"Yep. Aries can tell you all about it when we get there, my man."

Scorpio stayed silent after that. Sag sucked in her cheeks in frustration. She hated how he was always so quiet. All she wanted was a conversation, was it so hard to keep it going?

He didn't even have to look at her to know she was fuming. "What?" He asked.

"Can you at least say something?!" Sag threw her hands in the air in complete frustration. "I want to have conversations with you... I'm the only one who likes talking to you anyway."

Sag regretted the words as soon as they left her mouth. She winced and shrunk back in her seat, looking away from her exes' reaction. "I get it." He stated calmly. He didn't sound angry. "I just don't have a lot to say. I'm sorry."

"Don't be... I was mean."

"You were speaking your mind. Plus, you aren't even wrong. I know people don't like me, especially your friends."

Sag sucked in her cheeks. Aries liked Scorpio, but probably because the three of them do crazy shit together. Aqua didn't like him much, and Leo... "They do! Well... sort of."

"Sag." Scorpio's voice was flat. She looked at him, expecting something harsh. "I'm fine with them not liking me. You do, and that's all that matters."

"Yeah, I guess..." He was right. But Sag couldn't help but imagine her perfect friend group: Aries, Leo, Aqua, Gemini and him, wreaking absolute havoc wherever they went. "You and Leo could be good friends, if you two tried."

Scorpio smirked, giving her a quick glance. "Sure." He smiled, but Sag knew it was fake. "When Hell freezes over."

When they pulled up into Aries' driveway, there was a bike laying in the yard. Aquarius' bike.

And, to neither Scorpio or Sag's surprise, there he was, picking the door lock. "The fuck is he doing?" Scorpio asked, getting out the car. Sag never knew what Aqua was really doing, but she loved being along for the ride anyway.

"Hey, Aqua!" Sag got out, too, running to her friend. Aqua smiled up at her, but the smile instantly left when he saw Scorpio walk up next to her. "What are you doing to Aries' door? Installing something?"

"Greetings, friend." Aqua replied in his normal chipper tone. The tone dropped to a flat line when he acknowledged Scorpio. As if it never happened, his voice was normal again. "I'm simply picking Aries' lock."

"Why?" Scorpio asked. His hands were in his pockets, biting his cheek out of habit. "Aries doesn't lock his doors."

"Exactly." Aqua answered. "He doesn't lock his doors. And he didn't answer his calls. Something is wrong."

"So you attempt to break into his house? Maybe he's just asleep."

Aqua stopped, dropping his hands into his lap. He sent a cold glare Scorpio's way, Scorpio sending one back. Sag swallowed. "I've committed worse crimes. And so have you. And, we all know something is wrong. I know I'm not the only one who saw that creepy light last night."