𝕏𝕏𝕏𝕀𝕀𝕀

⚠️ WARNING! ⚠️
This chapter will contain extreme violence! Read at your own risk!

•••

"A breach?!" Gemini exclaimed at Hecate's words.

It was that next morning, and the Zodiac was gathered in the living room, freshly dressed and listening to Hecate's briefing. Phil was at the front as well, but he sat back in one of the chairs, letting Hecate take the reins of the conversation. The Zodiac reacted to her opening statement with various levels of surprise, confusion, and worry. Capricorn was the only one who wasn't a part of the initial frenzy because he slept on the couch off to the side.

"What does that even mean?" Leo was the first to ask. He had a protective arm around Libra, who hugged his side.

"It means that you 12 are not as hidden as you think," Phil answered with a lax hand gesture. "Ophi said she didn't come here on an order and I believe her. But, that also means rumors are spreading, and eventually, shit is going to hit the fan and the Divine Realm will find you. That day will come sooner than later, and all of you need to be ready."

Gemini swallowed. Phil was right; the clock was ticking and time was not on their side. She couldn't help but feel daunted by the Divine Realm. If Hecate and her memories were any indications of its cruelty, she didn't want to experience its wrath herself.

Gemini. Aquarius's mental voice rang in her head, and Gem tuned in instantly. I hope you aren't worried... Ophi isn't a dangerous person. At least... not to us.

Well... Are you sure? She didn't know what else to ask. Gem never liked doubting Aqua's judgment, but it was quite the challenge at times like this. I don't think Hecate and your dad would warn us about her if she wasn't a big deal.

She is a big deal. Just not a threat. Look. From him, Gem received various images of Ophi. She was beyond beautiful, and tall, with strange, snake-like features. Her smile showed fangs and she laughed in such an automated way... Gemini didn't know what to make of it. See? Harmless.

Do you like her?

Of course, she's my friend, and it would be fucking fantastic if Dad and Hecate would stop treating her like some freak.

"Ophiuchus is what is known as a Realm Crosser," Hecate explained. "Her kind is born of two Realms, so she has the ability to travel between them at will. There's only three left it seems..."

Her voice trailed, but Phil picked up for her, "Right. Three Realm Crossers. Ophi, Aqua, and another. " Phil pointed a bony finger at his son, to which the Zodiac gave various reactions. Gem, like most of the Signs, shot him a surprised look. You never told me... She tried to say with an even mental tone, but her hurt betrayed her.

I never told anyone. Aqua said back in an attempt to console her. Phil, unfazed by the sudden team shock, continued. "A Realm Crosser is someone to be feared and avoided at all costs. I don't give two shits if you can master your element, have psychic powers, and can summon your Sacred Weapon all at once, if you run into any of the other Realm Crossers without me or Hecate around, run."

"But what about Aqua?" Scorpio challenged with a raised eyebrow. As he laid back on the couch beside Cancer, he pointed a finger to the ceiling with a slowly swishing tail. His eyes were dark, trained, intentional. "He's a Realm Crosser, too. Don't count him out just 'cause he's your kid."

"I'm not," Phil said with a shrug. Gem was surprised that the accusation didn't offend the man. "I don't know what he was like before I found him... but that isn't him anymore. This time, I treated him like my son, not a weapon. Realm Crossers weren't born the way they are, they were conditioned and punished into soldiers. I'll be damned if I ever did that to my own child." Gem was taken aback by his conviction, and Aqua seemed even more surprised. "On top of the fact that he doesn't even know how to use those abilities. He's relatively harmless compared to the other two."