𝕏𝕏𝕏

A week passed at the house without much more problems. The Zodiac unanimously agreed to not bring up Martian Bloodlust and to give Aries and Scorpio their space. Outside of that, training went as smooth as it could, and there wasn't a single demon sighting.

Scorpio was more than fine with the distance. He wasn't too much of a fan of talking to the others anyway. Every day, after yet another session of failed training, he'd spend time alone in his room, going over why he couldn't manage his element like the others.

He was beyond grateful that Virgo went out of her way to spend time with him. Every night, after everyone else went to sleep, the goddess would sneak up to his room where they'd simply talk. Scorpio would vent his frustrations, Virgo would give calming suggestions, and at the very end, she'd hug him and disappear, probably back to her room.

It was a routine Scorpio craved. Which was why he had an odd, and rather unnerving smile on his face every single time Hecate blasted him with ice. She was aware he was more giddy than usual but wasn't pressed enough to push an explanation out of him.

Not even Leo's insults and banter could ruin Scorpio's mood. Today, his attitude was quite egregious, including shoves, barks, and even a good throw halfway across the Field. Had Aries not stopped his friend, he would have probably been dealt worse. Scorpio would have put Leo in his place on his own, but he knew the moment he'd retaliate, Virgo wouldn't visit him, and that wasn't worth the risk.

Now, the sun had set over the Zodiac house, and the Signs each took to their own after dinner. Scorpio - much like the past week - was trying to enjoy his time alone playing with the new billiards table Hecate conjured in an open space by the gentleman's room.

Unfortunately, Sagittarius had made it her mission to drive him insane.

Currently, she was leaning over the pool table beside him, giving little to no personal space. He had to grit his teeth to keep his tail from smacking her across the room. "Oooo," She cooed with a laugh, completely unaware that Scorpio was already fed up with her shenanigans. "Almost there, Scorpio! Two more balls in and you win!"

"I know," Scorpio seethed, leaning over the table as he aimed his shot. "Do you have to keep talking?"

"If I don't, who will?" As Scorpio took his shot, she jumped up and startled him, completely throwing off his angle. He growled in frustration, nearly snapping his cue stick in half. "Whoops..." Sag apologized with a nervous laugh.

"Sagittarius," Scorpio started slowly, after taking a breath to calm down. "Why the fuck are you even here? Don't you have anyone else to annoy the hell out of?"

"Nope!" Sag piped, prancing around the table to be by Scorpio's side. "I wanna hang out with you, just like good old times! Even if you're still a super buzzkill."

Good times? Her words made him hesitate. Scorpio was fond of Sag and has been for years, but he knew the truth of their relationship. They were, in simple terms, toxic and utterly dysfunctional. Scorpio would rather lock himself in hell than get back with her, for both of their sake. "Sag, we didn't-"

"Sure we did!" She exclaimed, patting him on the shoulder. "We had a lot of fun together-"

"When, outside of fucking each other?"

"Uhhh... sex is fun!"

"Yes, it is, but if that's all we really had, was it really a good time?" He questioned without looking at her, lining up for his next shot. Her sudden quietness made him realize he might have hurt her, so he quickly added, "Sag, listen. I don't regret dating you. I don't regret losing my virginity to you. But it was during a time when you and I were both immature and vulnerable, and it's definitely something I don't want to salvage."