𝕏𝕃𝕀𝕍

I hope Scorpio is okay...

The Sign was plastered into every part of Virgo's mind. Beneath the covers of her bed, she shook with anger and anticipation. 

Where is he? What is he doing? Are they torturing him? Is he thinking of me?

Since her mind was a storm, it was difficult to get her prescribed rest. How could she sleep when Scorpio was lost in another Realm?

"He's gone?" She had said earlier that day when Hecate delivered the bad news. Her voice was soft with worry. 

Virgo's mother seemed worn of the day; Hecate's eyes were bagged and Virgo notice her shoulder slump. "Yes..." She sighed, kneeling down to her daughter. "He will returned unharmed. I... He seemed to trust Ophiuchus. We should, too."

She had agreed then. Virgo knew better than to protest against the inevitable. Now... now her heart ached for Scorpio. 

I can't keep up like this. I'm not going to sleep... so I need to occupy myself. What to do... The earth Sign was at a loss. Her body buzzed with pain as she sat up, but Virgo continued to move. After a minute of hesitation, she was on her feet again. "Don't dwell." She told herself as Scorpio's laugh echoed throughout her mind. "It'll just make things worse." 

But where to? Virgo didn't know the time, but she could tell that based off the mental patterns of her comrades that it was late. Virgo could hardly hear any thoughts coming from any Sign, and even her mother's voice sounded distant. 

There is someone. To Virgo's surprise, Aquarius answered her. Taurus is... awake. Go talk to him.

Can I talk to you? She prompted. 

Virgo couldn't make out his hesitation, but it sounded mangled and tight. N-not right now... I'm really busy...

This late? What are you doing?

Um... that's private information that I'm... fuck~ ...unwilling to disclose. Gotta go...!

The connection cut rather abruptly, making Virgo wince. Wait... was he...?  Virgo stuck her tongue out. Gross!

Rubbing her arms, she pushed her mind out and searched again. Virgo found Taurus' mental presence quickly. It was slow and vast, circling a constant anguish. "Guess Taurus is the only option..."

Not wanting to be alone any longer, Virgo left her room, knowing exactly where Taurus would be. She started to rub her arms when she was hit with the inability to teleport directly to him. Her weakness made her shiver as she walked to Pisces' room. 

Virgo rasped against the closed door at the end of the hallway. "Who is it?" Taurus barked from the other side. 

The younger Sign sighed. "Virgo."

"Come in..."

She didn't waste anytime, closing the door just as quickly as she went inside. There Taurus was, sitting on the floor and resting his head near the foot of Pisces' bed. He hadn't changed from training, and his wings buzzed in quick intervals. Virgo noticed how stiff his back was. Has he not moved...? 

"Hi, Taurus," Virgo said, walking closer and kneeling down beside him. Almost immediately, Virgo regretted her decision. Taurus' entire face seemed to droop, and his stubble was gangly and unkept. His eyes were faded and cloudy, now a misty, bleak swamp. Old tears blotted his cheeks. Virgo covered her mouth. "Taur-"

Taurus didn't even look at her. "Don't... Just don't. My head hurts... everything hurts."

"Can I do anything?"