𝕏𝕏𝕀

"Cancer! Cancer!" Pisces yelled at her sleeping friend, shaking her harder than Cancer would have ever imagined. The white-haired girl growled a bit, but that didn't stop Pisces. "It's the 25th!"

"What..." Cancer lifted her head, her ears flicking. "The 25th...?" She gasped, her sleepiness fading away enough to realize what Pisces was saying.

It was October 25th, 1997. Scorpio's birthday.

"Oh, come on!" Pisces reached out for Cancer's hand, and Cancer grabbed it gently. "We have to be the first ones to tell him!" To Cancer's surprise, Pisces pulled with a lot of force.

The sun had already risen, and mostly everyone was awake. Cancer barely got to say good morning to her friends, for Pisces was steady dragging her up the stairs to the gentlemen's rooms. Cancer was impressed; Pisces didn't even stop to say anything to Taurus.

"Damnit!" Pisces huffed. Cancer's eyes widened at her friend's vulgar remark. It was rare for Pisces to swear. She's hanging out with Aries too much.... "I wanted to tell Scorpio happy birthday first..."

"How do you, know?" Cancer began to ask, be her question was answered as soon as she made it up the stairs.

Aries had Scorpio locked between his arms, hugging him tighter than what was supposed to be possible. Scorpio, who looked beyond sleepy and panicked, was trying - and failing - to claw his way out of Aries' happy death grip. "Let fucking go, Aries!"

"I already told you, not until you give me a birthday hug!" Aries laughed, squeezing Scorpio even harder. "Come on, just one, and it'll all be over!"

Pisces hummed, floating her way to the two violent signs. She sidestepped Aries easily before poking his exposed side. Her finger disappeared into his side. Cancer gasped, and Aries yelped, flinching onto the wall. Scorpio was finally free.

"Your welcome." Pisces pat him on the back. "And happy birthday, dear. Hey, Aries? You okay?"

Aries groaned, but smirked at the two girls. "Couldn't be better, babe..."

"Good." She faintly smiled, a gesture Aries most likely missed. "Go get ready for the day so you can get some breakfast."

"Yes ma'am!" Aries saluted before dashing off to his messy room. It amazed Cancer how Pisces could tell Aries what to do so easily, and for Aries to listen without a complaint. "Make sure Taur is down there making breakfast!"

"He is!" Pisces called, giggling. She floated her way downstairs, meeting up with Aqua and Gem at the bottom.

Cancer made her way to Scorpio's room, a small grin on her face. He was getting dressed, and she caught a glimpse of his permanently bruised back. Cancer knew better than to mention it. Patiently, she waited for him to finish and look at her. She knew not to mention how tired he looked, either.

They shared no conversation. Words weren't necessarily for either of the water Signs. Cancer walked to him, cupping both of cheeks - stroking one with her thumb - and whispered, "Be good today."

He eased in her touch. With a slowly wagging tail, Scorpio nodded, grabbing and holding her hands.

"Taurus is making pancakes," She told him, pulling away. "Hurry downstairs for your birthday breakfast."

Cancer left his room as quietly as she came, trotting down the stairs with her own tail wagging.

Taurus was still in the kitchen with Libra, mixing batter in a bowl. "Ah, morning Cancer." He hummed with his wings abuzz. "I'm making birthday pancakes."

"His favorite!" She gasped.

"How could I forget? Last time I made them for him, he ate six and got sick." Taurus chuckled. "Later, I'll make some brownies for everyone, or whatever he wants."