𝕀

Welcome to the very first chapter! Enjoy!

•••

Aries was rather accident prone. Especially when he was blinded by fury.

So of course, when he'd swung at Capricorn, he'd miss. And of course, he'd punch Virgo instead.

With a gasp, he suddenly pulled his fist back. All of his anger and frustration vanished when he saw her clutch her face and cry out in pain. Virgo's round-rimmed glasses were broken at the stem. And she had a bruised cheek. Aries backed up, his hands shaking with guilt.

Even Capricorn was surprised. His stunned expression quickly turned into an appalled one as he held Virgo's petit frame. Aries bit his tongue. He didn't know what to do, or how to help. And seeing Capricorn help so effortlessly made him bite down harder.

"Virg, are you okay?" Capricorn asked. Someone in the formed crowd ran to the kitchen, probably to get ice. Aries still didn't move. "Leo's getting ice."

When Virgo answered, it was void of any feeling. "I'm fine." Her gaze pierced Aries, and he flinched. When he opened his mouth, she sharply cut him off. "Don't apologize. Just get out."

Aries tried again, not realizing multiple people were glaring at him. He also didn't realize Leo came back with ice in a small plastic bag. "Virgo..." It's been a long time since Aries had thought about his words. "I... didn't mean it-"

She carefully took the bag from Leo, but Aries noticed that her hands were shaking too. "Just get out."

Aries clenched his fist. Capricorn sent a quick, knowing smirk his way and it instantly got Aries' blood boiling again. Capricorn always got off easy. Sure, Aries punched a young woman, but Capricorn started it. Why isn't the stupid, pint-sized asshole getting kicked out too?

He was going to step forward and protest, but one glance around the crowd and he understood. Even Leo, his partner in crime, gave him a solemn look. Aries looked down and shoved his hands in his pockets. Silently, he left the small house, not looking or fighting back.

Once outside, he kicked a rock out of his way, trudging to Leo's truck. "Aries!" He heard his name get called and slowly turned around. Leo And Sagittarius were running towards him, Leo with his truck keys in hand.

Sagittarius gave him a little frown, and it made Aries stiffen. He really hoped she didn't see him punch Virgo.

Silently, they piled into the truck. Leo drove, Aries slumped against the door in the passenger seat, and Sagittarius laid across the entire backseat.

Leo didn't even pull out of the driveway before Sagittarius started to speak. "So, Cap pissed you off again, huh?"

Aries bit his tongue and nodded, not replying. If he even opened his mouth, the car would be loaded with foul words, both in English and Spanish. Sagittarius understood this too well, but still pressed on. "Ah, come on. You shouldn't let him get to you so much."

Leo decided to chime in, his eyes still on the road. "She's right. Cap's a bitch sometimes, but that doesn't make what you did to Virgie okay." His voice was stern, Aries had to look away. "It was an accident, we know that. But... this time you went too far."

If Aries was in the mood, he would have barked back at Leo until they got home. Now, he only felt guilty. Virgo's cold stare, bruised face and broken glasses wouldn't get out of his head. He was in the wrong. "I'll make it up to her." His voice was at a rare low, and it made his friends give him worried glances.