𝕏𝕃𝕀

"Scorpio, when was the last time you ate?"

The question made Scorpio's eyes flutter open. He was ever attentive to Virgo's voice, especially now that she was bed-bound. If she asked for a drink, he got her mineral water. If she was hungry, he fetched her a plum. If she needed to rant or cry, he'd offer his sore shoulder. His needs hardly crossed his mind, and when they did, Virgo took higher precedence.

This is why he had no answer for the Sign. He only looked up at her, pleading with his eyes to keep her from being angry. "Scorpio!" She chided, putting her hands on her bandaged hips. "I told you you needed to take care of yourself. Don't stay here..."

I'm not leaving you again. His thought was desperate and firm, even if she had no idea. The failures of two days ago refused to stop replaying in his mind like a nasty song stuck in his head. Of course, his body hurt from Leo's rampage, but what did that matter? Scorpio clenched his fists, embracing the soreness in his knuckles. It's okay, Virgie, I deserve this.

"Here," With wobbly telekinesis, she maneuvered her latest snack over to him. A beautiful smile spread across her lips as she offered him the plum. "Have some of this."

Scorpio didn't even think about his response. "You need it more, I'll be alright-"

"Scorpio Reyes, if you don't eat this instant, I'm making you leave. I mean that." The threat made him swallow. He kept his eyes on her as her tone hardened. "I don't want to see you beat yourself up anymore... I got hurt because I was clumsy and rash. Not because of you. You matter just as much as I do, and anyone else." Scorpio opened his mouth, and Virgo snapped at him again. "And don't you dare try and tell me you don't or you're outta here, Reyes."

The plum stayed suspended in the air. Virgo huffed, her stare fixing into a glare behind her glasses. "Fine, I won't eat then."

"Virgie-"

"I don't wanna hear a word until you eat."

"Vir-"

"Nope!"

When Scorpio shot up to sit in front of her, Virgo still didn't waver. He leaned in and his voice dropped, "Virgo, you mean way too much to me... just let me take care of you."

The sudden sentiment seemed to make Virgo's features soften. "Scorpio..." She whispered, reaching her hand up to cup his cheek. "That doesn't matter if you don't take care of yourself. Why do you think I'm more important than you?"

Because you are... no, no. She won't like that. But she's so important... people would give a shit if she died. Fuck, what do I say?

Unfortunately, Scorpio had no time to answer. A bone-chilling tremor cracked down his body, making him gasp. Virgo's hands dropped to her sides, and Scorpio, despite his own nausea, held her tightly. He knew what this terror was and he knew Virgo was aware, too.

A Portal had opened. I need to keep her safe.

"Scorpio..." Virgo called, but he was already standing. His joints ached, but he did the same thing that he did for the past two days. Ignore it... "Please be careful."

"I will," His tone was cut with tension. "Stay here. I'll be back."

"Okay."

His steps were swift and silent as he drifted to the Portal. It was in the Field again, large, looming, and swirling. Scorpio couldn't help but stare, locked with intimidation.

"Ophi?" Philander asked. Why does he sound so tired? "What are you doing here?"

"With Erebus' will, I have returned to the Mortal Realm." Her voice boomed, firm and absolute. Ophi...? His focus finally shifted to the woman before the daunting Portal. Her dark hair billowed behind her, curling down her back. Portal light illuminated her chocolate, scaly skin. "But my visit will differ from the last time I arrived, Immortal One."