𝕍𝕀𝕀

"Hey, do you guys believe what Aqua said?" Libra asked as she took a bite of her salad. "I haven't stopped thinking about it all day..."

It was Tuesday evening, and Gemini was having dinner with her friends on campus. Apparently, Aquarius was going on about how Gemini and everyone else who was named a zodiac sign would undergo a magical transformation. When Leo had read the text earlier today, he burst into laughter.

"Of course not!" Leo leaned back into his seat, resting his hands behind his head. His letterman jacket was a size too big, but no one would notice or care. "Aqua probably saw that light in the sky and freaked out..."

"I know." Libra agreed. She was pouting, and her pretty black waves fell down her shoulders. "But he's never this frantic. I called him this morning and he could barely get a sentence out."

"Babe," Leo cooed, pulling Libra into his lap and kissing her cheek. Gemini smiled at them, ignoring the strange feeling that she was being a third wheel. "Aqua does this all the time. Sure, that light was freaky, but that was days ago~"

Libra nodded leaning against him. Everyone, meaning the entire campus, believed they were the perfect couple. High school sweethearts. Leo was the quarterback, Libra was the pretty cheer captain. Perfect and beautiful in every sense of the word. And Gemini was their fun, happy-go-lucky sidekick. "What do you think, Gem?" Libra asked her, looking so neat and pretty in Leo's arms. "You understand Aqua better than both of us do."

That was true. Aquarius was like a Rubix Cube, and Gemini was the only one who was both fascinated and smart enough to figure him out. Sure, Aries and Sag would listen to his introspective tangents on human evolution from snails, but Gem would listen, understand and rebuttal. It made her feel special, having figured out the town's most complicated puzzle.

"Gem!" Leo shouted, snapping his small best friend back into reality. She blinked at him, pushing her glasses up on the bridge of her nose. Libra giggled.

"Sorry..." Gem laughed. "But, I wouldn't rule it out. We all saw the light, and Leo, weren't you attacked by aliens? Maybe us growing into powers is apart of that, too."

"Aliens?" Libra questioned, looking up at her boyfriend.

"Oh, they were some guys that ambushed us at Aries' house." Leo reassured, hugging Libra. "He probably stole something and like a couple dozen guys showed up and we kicked ass, as always."

"Sag told me you screamed when you saw the blood."

"Did not!" Libra tried to hold in her snickers but couldn't stop herself. "Sag is a liar..."

"You and I both know very well she's not."

"It's okay Leo~" Libra cooed her boyfriend. "I know you're brave and strong. My knight in shining armor." They share a cute kiss and Gem swoons.

Standing, she smiled at her friends, who were quickly falling into a heated kiss. She didn't want to bother them, so Gemini sneaked off, back into one of the campus buildings.

Gemini walked into the bathroom, humming a catchy pop song that was stuck in her head. The thought of having powers was floating through her mind as she washed her hands.

Aquarius said he watched Aries turn into a dragon. He saw Taurus with wings the next day. He spectated that they were being reawakened in order of their signs. Gemini was supposed to be next.