2 - Six

As Mono's heart grew hard as stone, Six's grew more fragile like glass, as if it might break any moment, and it had. Her heart had broken several different times.

Nobody else had broken her heart, just like Mono she broke her heart also as well, but when it healed it did not go to stone. Instead her heart became more and more fragile.

Her actions had finally settled in over the years. The guilt, the shame was overwhelming. She could not bear it. Everyday she thought about it.

Unlike Mono's belief, she never did forget, no matter how much she wanted to, and she could not forgive herself.

Though she felt her heart might shatter, like a broken window pieced together way too many times, now as thin and fragile as paper, she was still Six deep down. She was a hard woman. She wasn't evil or vile. No, but she was still strong, courageous and bold, and nobody pushed her around. Not unless they broke her first.

She was stubborn as hell, and came off menacing a lot, yet deep down the very thing she hated the most was not other people, or Mono even though she betrayed him, it was herself.

Six had fallen down the darkest path of self hatred. She had always been on this path, she had started walking it many many years ago, when she was very very young, but when she had found Mono, it was like for a time she was brought away from the path.

Yet when she dropped him..she steered back onto it. She had convinced herself so much before she had met Mono, and after she had too, that she didn't need anybody. That she was fine on her own.

Six knew now though that she needed Mono again, but she was too late. Six couldn't take it any longer. She had loved his presence when they were together. That short time.

She had been his only friend, and he her only friend. She could not believe what she had done and she began to wish she had never ever done it.

The fact that she could never get Mono back, was devastating. While Mono thought she was an evil vile creature enjoying her life on her own, really it was quite the opposite. She had no purpose. No will to live.

Everyday alone was a dull one. She was just a pretty face, a little oiran for the all the customers at the resort.

After killing the first oiran, the Lady that had been terrorizing her, she had tried to escape, and she had, yet after learning The Maw and the resort was one of the few only places unaffected by The Tower she returned.

The crew worshipped her, and bowed down in fear since she was able to take down their master at the ripe age of sixteen.

So then she fit the role of the next oiran perfectly. In ways she was just like the lady. Hard. Determined. Cold. Rutheless. She was a strong woman in charge and she could make others bow down and obey out of fear. People mindlessly served her, hoping they would not be next in line for a meal.

She was quite beautiful also and to some they saw a bit of sex appeal in her, though Six had always hated being known or appraised for her looks.

Men would lay themselves at her feet and she would return their actions with a glare and a swift stomp onto their foot.

Six had wished she'd become more than a prostitute, she wished she could act more as an geisha. Either way most at the resort couldn't tell the difference so it did not matter to them whether she played music or danced, or committed sins with them.

As long as the customers were happy, she had keep and a "good life", she supposed she could deal with it. She hated it but not too much. It was all she really had. She was just a pretty face afterall.

She hated all this. She was miserable with her new life. Things would've been different for sure if she had let Mono live. She wouldn't be in so much self hatred and wouldn't be some useless slut of a woman.

Despite her troubles and sadness she managed to look her best everyday for work and plaster on a fake smile. She had no way to fix her problems. So she had to ignore them for a while, and her business options helped sort of as a good distraction, but only for a while.

She did not crave any men she ever met. She did not care much for them. Period. It was all without feeling.

She longed for Mono, but definitely not in that way. She just wished he was alive and well. She wished she could just see him breathe and hear his voice and that would be enough.

Oh how ashamed and guilty she was. What was she ever going to do with herself?

Despite her occupation people respected her none the less because of her toughness, and when she showed kindness they did not take it for granted.

And when they didn't respect her, she made them sorry. With one swift kick she could leaving them spitting the laces of her sandals for days.

Though Six has became softer on the inside and the same hard stubbornness on the outside, she has become even more beautiful than in her teenage years.

Her hair was dark, and messy but a good messy. Her locks were very dark black and they had a shine they were so dark. Her skin was fair and she never put on makeup to make it pale white. She had the prettiest hazel eyes with a deep brown in the middle close to the pupil and a green on the outer edge. She wore dark eyeshadow mostly smokey blue colors and pretty pink lips, though sometimes blood red. Her long lashes were even longer with mascara and her eyes always had thick eyeliner with big heavy wings.

She was still on the shorter side like she always had been compared to Mono. Mono was very very tall and slim, with a slim muscle build. Six was very slim with a petite frame and slim natural curves.

She wore a golden yellow kimono that was somewhat loose but did nothing to hide her curves in fact in ways they hugged them. Her kimono had patterns of cherry blossoms and was made of the finest, purest silk.

No matter how beautiful Six could dress, or her appearance on the outside, or the way people practically bowed since she was the queen of this resort, none of that mattered.

Since at the end if the day, the only thoughts that tugged at the end of her mind were Mono, her guilt, shame, and utter despair and regret. This time nobody would be comforting her, the only one that ever could in her whole life was Mono, and she had purposely let him slip out of her hand. She was upset that she knew he was never coming back, or so she thought.

To her, Mono was dead, or worse, but she did not want to think of anything else. She did not want to imagine what the eyes did to Mono because she knew what they were capable of. So even if she was hopeful and wishing he was back, she'd rather him be dead, resting in peace than to be suffering in the tower.

But he wasn't dead, and he wasn't in peace.