10 - Six

Six had been regretting this moment all day.

Her small break at Pale City did little to nothing to refresh her and she had wished her break would've been longer, even though she had an additional three weeks to prepare for a new shipment of customers.

Six was not ready for the hungry lust filled customers whose marriages were falling apart, and the starving eyes of single horny men, and the hands of sick perverts that knew nothing of personal space.

She hated her job. Though the ads broadcasted normally only hinted at her other line of work, some channels were more suited for that content and there were ads specifically about the unspoken things in her work. There were other geisha, but that was the thing. They were only geisha. Merely entertainers. Six was the most wanted cause she was different. No matter how much she wanted to only be an entertainer she was wanted as a prostitute, and if she didn't serve her customers well...well...she was no longer useful to the resort...

A life of luxury didn't always mean a life of happiness. She hated her job, and her life. She felt she was meaningless.

She groaned, laying a head on the vanity desk in her dressing room.

"Six! There you are! What are you doing? You must get on stage love~" her choreographer came into the room, coming over to her.

"Oh whatever is is the matter? Why so downcast love? Are you I'll sweetheart?~" He asked, coming over to her, taking her head in his hands and inspecting her eyes and face.

She could feel his long neon blue acrylics touching her hair.

"No..Tarrence..." Six sighed tiredly. She had been avoiding his gaze but soon looked into his pretty face.

He had warped light skin, pulled this way and that. His nose was smashed almost flat against his face but his pretty green eyes, perfect arched brows, and soft thin pink lips were still in tact and yet he managed to look so beautiful. He wore flashy clothing and his most attractive feature was his dark ringlet curls.

Six sometimes envied his beauty. Why couldnt he be the one singing and dancing? She would've preferred being in charge of hair and makeup or choreography, anything but this miserable position.

"Oh honey you look miserable," he drew out in a voice that Six could only describe as a 'pretty boy' accent, something city like and terribly jazzy and flirty sounding, "want to talk about it?" His voice was smooth and he always did sound like a flirt. It was just the way he spoke. He could make anything sound attractive especially since the words love, honey, baby, doll, and so many others came naturally to him, as natural as a title like mr. or mrs.

Six liked it. They were good friends, and she was happy to have affection through ways that weren't flirting. She knew he wasn't interested in her. He was a very open and honest person.

Six felt safe around him, they talked about their interests in men together, and it was a blessing to be called doll in a platonic way without the groping. Compliments from him were always genuine without being disgusting.

Six sighed again, blinking her glassy eyes, "No."

"I'm sure you'll shine like the stars. You always do beautiful." His compliments did wonders for her self esteem. They always did. She found herself smiling even if it was only weakly.

Six couldn't help but think he was a beautiful feminine man as she watched him examine his square acrylics.

Soon though the start of Six's performance was inevitable. Though she had backup dancers, Six was obviously the star of the show. It showed in everything, her looks contrast to theirs, stood out while the others were all in uniform.

Her damp mood did not hinder or affect her performance. She was amazing like usual, doing her traditional styled performance, fans and umbrellas included.

The guests looked up as the music played, watching as she glided and spun gracefully. Not one was out of sync. Every step, every placement, every movement, was in design, carefully memorized and perfect.

Six's eyes scanned the customers, soaking in her first impression of them. They could not tell since she had her mask on, she could look at anyone with her eyes only and no one would know.

She saw the pig faced regulars, but also the newer sights of people, all over from different places with different ugly faces. They all had one thing in common though, even the attractive ones...

They all watched amazed and mesmerized by the dancers actions.

Six didn't think too much at first, until her eyes laid on a particular man who stood out. He sat a little taller in his seat at the table, and a little thinner than even the smallest people dining. He looked out of place among the crowd and as soon as Six laid eyes on him her heart stopped.

All she felt was fear, it felt like they had locked eyes, even from underneath the safety of her mask.