27 - Six

Men piled into the room. With a knife they cut the ropes. One pulled him away from me.

"Restrain her" they ordered and several grabbed me.

"No! You will not take him away from me! Not again!" I fought against their grip. "Let me go!" I cried.

They were pulling him away.

"Take her away. She is useless to us. Do not let her escape" they ordered.

"Mono please! Listen to me I'm sorry I didnt have time! Please I have a reason for what I did! Please! Stop dont take him away!" I cried as they dragged me to the door.

"Mono please! I'll get you out of here! I promise I promise I wont fail you this time. My eyes welled with so much tears my vision blurred. I could not even see if he was awake to see me but I meant it all.

Everything I had said I had meant. I would get him out of here...would I?

I struggled and fought against them. I poured up a blast. My hair and kimono billowing as the energy channeled through me.

But a man grabbed me. "Look into my eyes" he cupped my face and I could not look away. His three eyes glowed red.

And it was as if I could not control it. My powers they stopped. I relaxed in their grip. My body did not want to move.

"Mono" I cried quietly and I sniffed. My only chance and I had wasted it. Bickering like a young child. Instead if explaining what I had meant to to him.

They brought me away. Into this new room. It was like a garage. Sort of. Maybe a shop for mechanics?? It smelled like oil and machine parts were littered around.

"This will do for now" they opened a closet.

"No please! Dont lock me away I dont want to be locked away plea-" they shoved me into the dark closet and the click of the door locked.

I fell against what I presume was a brown a mop and a bucket. And maybe cans of cleaning supplies.

I banged against the door and tried the knob several times. But soon my hands would hurt. And I gave up on trying to bust the door down.

How long would I be in here? In the dark? And most importantly I could not stop thinking of the things they might do to him.

Oh mono. What had I cursed you with? At the time I thought it was a better fate then your other option.

But I was so wrong. Would death somehow have been better for you? Would you be in less in pain if I had to have eaten you?

Would you still love me if I did? Would you still be loyal? Happy? In your last moments while I feasted upon your flesh would you have forgiven me?

Would you have understood me?

Would you have been happy at least in your last moments??
The plan it was ideal. You and me. Together. Safe. Away from your father. Away from the city.

But I felt it. The hunger. Irrestiably. When I was younger I did not understand there was a problem with me.

But I knew I couldnt do that to you. I couldnt condemn you to the inevitable fate of death. Even If I had found food. Human flesh it is the only thing that cures the hunger.

I just couldnt do that to you Mono. I thought somehow, the tower, would have been a better fate than that.

Was I wrong? Should I have killed you? Would that have been better for you?

Was I selfish to not do that to you?

You seem so worse. You seem to be at a state worse than death. You are unhappy. Truly.

Being controlled like a dog. Like your father did to you. And didnt you say like his father did to him before you came to be? And like his father...and his father...and his...and his before.

You had mentioned a mother to me once. But where was she?

Would thing have been different if she was there for you? Would she have saved you?

Taken that responsibility from me. So that your life, your future, didnt have to be in my hands.

It was so much responsibility. Deciding for you. I wish I never did. But what would have happened if i didnt? Would we have sat on that ledge forever? I dont even believe that could have been possible 

I had to make a choice. For you. I'm sorry. I thought I had chose the right one.