11 - Mono

Mono looked up as the music started to play. He has just now noticed the women. Had the stage even been there the whole time? He knew it must've been in the softly lit banquet hall the whole time, he must've been too nervous to notice.

He just shook it off. He had been feeling off since he had arrived. Mono had never seen so many people in his life, other than that odd day in Pale City, and somehow being in front of their presence was quite embarrassing.

Food was set out in front of him, several different dishes to choose from, but he had no appetite.

A/N: look the Maw has made some changes in like everything in the past eight years. Their sales were booming and they no longer had to only serve sausage and bread and cheese. Also like wtf? Imagine having only 3 options and then being obsese cus that's your favorite place like wouldnt you want more options- anyway-

Instead he looked to the stage. They stood staggered in the formation of an arrow. They were in perfect sync, the woman in the front was the obvious focus as she stood out from the rest. She wore a blood red flowing kimono that was very long, adorned with pretty prints of soft pink blossoms, tied to her silk curved waist. Her hair was in a short, messy bob that was a sleek shiny black.  From the distance Mono could not get a good look at her face, he was in the back and could not tell she was wearing a mask.

The other six women, three on either side of her her, worn bright yellow kimonos and they petal prints were a contrasting bright red instead. Their kimonos were shorter and they all had matching red umbrellas with pink petals, and fans to match. All the other women wore pasty pale makeup and traditional contrasting bright red and pinks for the eyes and lips as makeup.

Mono was oddly mesmerized by their dancing, and before he knew it, the music ended and the curtain closed. The geisha were not to be seen for quite a while during the time they disappeared backstage. Mono decided during that time to try and take interested in his bowl full of noodles.

He had not been here in a long time and it truly brung back a lot of dark memories, and feelings he wished he could forget. He could not remember how truly long ago it was, and at one point he has longed to go back when he was once a child, but not anymore. He had forced himself to forget why he had wanted to come back, though he would never forget, and instead this time came for other reasons. He had no reason to care...not anymore anyway...it was no time for a trip down memory lane.

All he had to do was focusing on relaxing, and this same place was also supposed to be a good place for that.

"Hello Mister~"

Mono glanced up, and as soon as she laid eyes on the sight in front of him, he chomed on his chow mein, he which had had been shoveling into his mouth with chopsticks as he bent over his bowl.

He coughed spitting them out and accidentally throwing his chopsticks at her as his hand had an awkward nervous spasm. Seeing as he made a mess everywhere he sat up quickly, reaching for the the napkins and then knocking over the tall glass of water that was on the table in the process.

A/N: see what I did there? I referred to as the tall glass...that was on the table meaning theres another- do you get it ?!

"Oh my god! I am..so sorry!" He muttered, snatching up any dry napkins and rushing to clean up the table. He quickly turned the cup back up and tossed the ice cubes that had scattered onto the table back into the cup.

An embarrassed deep blush dusted Mono's cheeks as he looked back at the woman.

"I...uhh... " he cleared his throat.

He turned his eyes slowly up at her, stopping almost as soon as he started, his eyes landing on her luminous breasts. She was the geisha in the red kimono and it was off the shoulders to reveal a wide v-neck and a great amount of her bust.

After a few seconds he quickly turned his head away, the back of his hand in front of his mouth, he tried hard not to stare.

'Keep it together Mono! You can't freak out everytime you see nice breasts!' He thought.

He coughed nervously, realizing he was sweating a lot.

His head turned back to her.

"I hope you like a girl whose shy~" she told him hiding half her mask with her red fan.

"Uh..actually..I like all girls. I'm straight." Mono said cringing as soon as he said it.

He could never say anything right.

She thankfully just ignored his painfully awkward comments, just like everything else he had already done.

She snapped her fan closed.

"What's your name handsome?~" her voice was smooth and very attractive, but besides that it had seemed very very familiar. In a way...

As soon as Mono saw her mask he gasped, jolting, his knee hitting against the booth table.

He broke out in a sweat.

Mono had no idea what to do. Other wore masks at this establishment, he had already seen. This however was definetly the same one. Their features were the same, exactly as he remembered. It would always stand out in his memory from any other mask. Her mask was whiter than snow, the slits of her eyes were narrow dark pretty almond shapes and pretty emotionless features.

Yes it was definetly the same mask. He could never forget. Even though time had passed, and there were cracks in the mask one at the left temple and one on the left cheek just under the eye.

Yet it was the same mask. It would always be.

"Sir are you okay?" She asked him, her tone more concerned for him, for he had frozen up for a moment.

"Why..uh...yes..sorry..you're just so...," he tried to think of something else to say than the truth, for he knew the mask did not belong to this lady. It would never belong to her. ,"I am just..completely captivated by your beauty." He said feigning a nervous smile.

It wasn't exactly a lie. More like a half truth. Or even a truth actually, just...not the truth he really wanted to say.