16 - Six

She quickly made her way after him. She couldn't let him leave. He couldn't escape her grasp. He was so easy to reach and now he was gone again.

She didn't care about the words he said while he was drunk, or the things he did as an embarrassed idiot. She just wanted Mono back. Like the way it was before. Like the way you cling to alchohol after being clean for only a few months. She had been separated from him for forever, and just as fast as he came back into her life he was leaving again.

For a drunk man he moved quite fast, and she sometimes lost sight of him in the halls. She followed him back to the room, watching him kneel to the ground, prying his hands at the screen.

It never creased to amaze her. She stared perplexed as he manipulated the screen in his hands, it was so malleable to him in a way that was never for her, but she brushed those thoughts away because he was leaving right before her eyes! She had to do something and quick!

She watched Mono leave the room on the screen, she snapped out of her trance and quickly rushed to the television, pressed her hands against the screen in desperation.

To her surprise it still moved, the effect was still working. Quickly she pushed herself through the open portal and when she fell out onto the floor of the all too familiar room, the tv screen broke and shattered, leaving a foul smell and a bit of smoke behind.

She looked back at it. Whatever was left of her old life was gone. Everything was left behind, she would just have to deal with it and otherwise didn't really give it a second thought.

She was in an odd way glad to leave it behind. She got up dusting herself off. She looked around at the room. The bedroom. She assumed Mono's. Probably. She had been here before. She had tried desperately to force herself to forget but she never could. The memories played like a movie and she had watched it all too many times.

As she moved for the door her foot hit against something metal and she could hear the sound of music.

She looked down to see the music box. It came flooding back in a destructive wave now. The music. Time. Thin man. Monster.

She tried desperately to shut it out but the air felt stale and she felt like if she stayed anymore time in this room she might suffocate. Six tried to move for the door but her feet were like bricks.

She tried to forget but it was just all too real.

Despite it all coming back. Despite the feeling of the cold mean hands, the dark rooms, the sense of fear washing over her, her body trembling, there was a noise. A noise that was not apart of her memory.

She did not know were it was coming from, but she could recognize the cries of pain. Ones she had heard before. From a younger boy she suddenly could not remember all too well but at the same time couldn't seem to forget.

Six was so confused. She was reliving a lot of things and she did not understand what was happening to her even though it had happened so many times before, but she knew that noise was not apart of what she was reliving.

She tried so hard to make sense, to grasp reality. It felt like a trance, like she was falling asleep and couldn't control or pry her eyes open. It had all happened too fast.

She could see him, hear him, it didn't make sense. Images and sounds and feelings swirled around before her. Things she didnt understand.

She could hear herself scream but it didnt feel like it was really her. She felt small. Scared. Cold. Tired.

Six knew this wasn't real but at the same time she didn't. She was trying to get back. Trying so hard.

The crying out grew louder. It all hit her. The room fell silent and her breath came back to her. The only noise she could hear was her heart pounding in her ears and the crying. She knew who it was, it was Mono.

Suddenly she had become alert like never before. She was able to move her legs that had felt like bricks just moments before.

When she entered the hallway, she had no idea where she was. She followed his voice though, racing through the maze and corridors of Mono's home.

She felt like she should be going the opposite direction, she could feel fear in her core as she thought she had seen little eyes prying at her as she raced through steps and opened doors. It never seemed to end.

All she could hear was the sound of Mono in pain. When she walked to the wrong doorway gleaming purple it would get quieter and when she walked to another louder.

All she wanted to do was to have him in her arms. Where he could be safe.

She opened a door, and found herself in a long narrow hallway, unlike any other she had walked through before. An eye was charged before the door at the end of the hallway.

The air felt different here. It felt like it was pushing agaisnt her in all directions. The more she seemed to walk towards the door the further away it seemed to get.

She could hear him jusy beyond that doorway. It was muffled but he was crying out, pleading for his life.

She had not known what had come over her. Why she rushed into danger for someone who probably hated her. But what else was she supposed to do? She did not know her way out, it was worth a shot. He meant so much go her. She could not let him leave her she had to see him, to really see him, one last time.

She finally reached the doorway even though it had felt like an eternity. Maybe it was. Time was different here. She pulled on the cold hard knob, in fear of what she would see beyond.

A/N: oh my gawd. I am so sorry about the I'm trash at updating thing I have been doing lately. I think I'm getting over my writers block which is a m a z i n g. Also I hope you had an amazing halloween and spooky season!!!! I love you guys so much. I hope you're doing well and thank you so much for reading.