4 - Six

Six stood at her vanity, applying makeup quietly to herself, just thinking to herself like she did every morning.

She looked into the mirror. It wasn't broken, she had replaced a lot of things in this quarters she lived in, to suite her tastes.

She admired her looks, sadly. She had never thought she would grow up to be so beautiful, and that made her sad. Cause it still did nothing to her self esteem.

In the reflection that's when she saw it. Two arms protruding from the TV on her dresser, they stuck out of the TV and helped push the rest of their body out. As she watched in the far corner of her vanity mirror, she heard the sound of buzzing and zapping, and the all too familiar static.

She did not have to turn around to get a better look at their face. She was familiar with this very very tall man. He looked like the thin man, tall, lanky, his head hung to one side. His face was always down, and even then covered by shadows it was distorted. Everytime she saw him, she could not see his face, but she knew all too well who it was supposed to be.

He started to hum. His deep voice hummed the notes clearly and she had heard this song all too many times before. It brought back a lot of...traumatic memories.

"Dont sing that song." She said quickly, placing her hands on the top of her vanity desk.

"I'm not singing." He told her, his voice glitching and crackling a little, as if he was stuck in an old film.

Six turned around slowly to face him. "Mono...what do you want... with me this time?" She said, a little shaky.

He took steps toward her, and there was nowhere for her to go. She was backed into her desk, the edge digging into her back.

He did not attempts to fix his posture, and he reached a long arm towards her, caressing her cheek and her neck.

Warm feelings fluttered in Six's chest, and she relaxed letting out a breath. All the fear went away, and the corners of her mouth flicked up into a small smile.

"I love you." He told her. Six put her hand on top of Mono's, her eyes meeting his, well trying to. She struggled to see them his face was too obscured.

Suddenly his hand tightened around her neck and he started to choke her, laughing menacingly. "Foolish girl." He snickered.

Six whimpered feeling weak, and scared. She wanted to find anymore measures of courage inside her but she found none, there was almost no space between them.

Six tried to shove him away but he grabbed her neck with his other hand, gripping around her neck tighter. He turned lifting her off the ground by the grip on her neck.

She struggled, trying to pry his hands away, while tears streamed down her face as it began to redden. She kicked at him but the more she struggled the tighter his grip got.

"Please...put....put...me down." She choked out, crying. "You said that....you...loved me" she coughed.

"I lied." Finally she could not breathe, she tried gasping for breath. Mono raised her higher before slamming her onto the ground.

Before she hit the floor Six sat up in a cold sweat. It was all a dream. It was just all a dream. She was panting, and she looked around her darkened room to find herself curled up in her satin night gown and her silky blood red bedsheets.

"It was only a dream." She said to herself, though the remnant feelings and memories stayed with her, all too vivid, lingering as they haunted her.

She shivered, shaking it off. Six buried under her blankets, pulling the covers up to her chin.

She did not want to move from the comfort of her bed and she eyed the television, as it stood, black, on her dresser just across, against the wall from the foot of her bed.