33 B - Gabby

"No no no, after all we have been through?" Todd sighs, putting his face in his hands. "I CANNOT have my second best scientist quit now, especially after how far we have been!" He said. 

"SERIOUSLY? Look at my face Todd!" I yell at him, pointing at myself. The group of men around me silently stares. Since I had been out cold they decided to take the other men out of quarantine. Probably a big mistake. 

"Hmmmm" One ponders. 

"Man she looks worse than us." 

"Actually I think she looks better this way" The third shrugs. 

"A few cosmetic errors hurt no one." Todd smirks, shrugging smugly. 

"Cosmetic errors? Is that what you're calling them now!" When he turned away from me to look at some papers, I grabbed his wrist pulling him to look back at me. "This conversation isn't done yet." Dealing with him has been more exhausting lately. 

He shoved my hand away, "I know its not, but look at the diagnostics. All people we have injected lately, the first few weeks is terrible." He points at a few graphs. "Low heart rate, blood pressure, and the lungs are pressing against the internal organs. But after just two weeks we've found that cell production has skyrocketed. SKYROCKETED Gabby! Heal rate has increased times five, and our coworkers think they've become stronger too." 

"Who cares Todd! This is dangerous. We don't know the affects this has on behavior or the brain. I'm convinced you took some of that shit for yourself with how crazy you've been acting lately! Listen to your fucking self!" His eyes darken as he looks at me. 

"So what if I have! You're not my mom! You're not even the lead scientist here!" 

"This is supposed to be a cure to aging!" I snap at him. 

"Who cares about the original objective! Look we have something great here! Two birds with one stone, these super-mutants can't age at all.  Imagine how much these could benefit the army or even the police force. Imagine how much money we could make if we sold our formula to the government!" His eyes shined with something I wasn't happy to see. 

"You greedy bastard!" I huff, "Fine if this is what you're after I quit! I'm not going to have any part in this. It's unethical. And to think I was in lov-" I turn to leave but he grabs my shoulders. 

"Now now Gabby. We can't have you doing that." The group of men circles tighter around me as he speaks. 

"Guys?" My voice trembles. 

"Sorry Gabby, he's paying us a lot of money" One of them says. 

"Infact I can't keep questioning whether you're loyal to me or not." Todd's voice darkens. I keep backing up but there is no where to go, my back hits something and I freeze. "And recently we've decided on a no witnesses plan." Todd smiled evilly. 

"No..no you can't! You can't do this Todd I am loyal! I've been here since day one!" I snap. He pushes me down and quickly I find that I'm right next to the electricity generator in this lab room. My several eyes widen. 

"No!" I scream 

"YES." He repeats after. 

"This isn't you! That thing you took it's making you crazy!" I scream.

"Yeah! CRAZY FOR MONEY!" He turns on the generator which starts sparking. My head is just inches away from it. He grabbed me by the neck, but I decided not to wait to see what he would do next. 

I fought against him and with strength I did not know I had, I threw to the other side of the lab room, smack right into the big canister of blue liquid. It broken open and the entirety spilled out, bathing over his entire body, seeping into his pores and orifices.  Todd writhed on the ground, screaming in pain and in a matter of seconds we all watched Todd, his skin morphing and writhing in a weird mass of lumps, with thousands of eyes, it let out inhuman screams. 

I didn't feel like waiting to see what would make of Todd anymore, but one of the henchmen saw me try to leave.

"He grabbed me, I fought but ultimately he pushed my face into the generator and I got shocked to death. Later Todd went on to found a business selling his cure." I say flatly. 

"What?" Mono groans. "That's the end to this overly long story? God, if you're gonna monologue forever at least make it interesting!" Somehow Mono had gotten a full coarse meal during the time that I had been talking. 

"No its not the end end, and give me that you ungrateful brat!" I smack him aside the head snatching his large bowl of icecream. 

"LADY I was eating that!" He huffs. 

"So you are dead!" Six says like it was new information. "But how does this help stop whatever is possessing Mono and the impending doom of the entire world?" Six asks sighing. 

"It doesn't" I say 

"SERIOUSLY! I had much more important things to do right now!" He huffs angrily. 

"Like what?" Six asks. 

He pauses wordlessly. I pretend I cannot read minds right now. 

"This is just the beginning of the story. After he began selling his cure, the side affects started to set in." I explain, "anyone affected by the substance had the inhumane urge to consume human flesh. And the more Todd ate the larger he got." I feel the shift in Six's mood but pretend I don't notice. 

"Anyone he consumed stayed apart of him, including their souls. They got absorbed into his personality and function like a hivemind. However, some way, some how, some individuals have immunity. Like you and your forefathers Mono. The pact that was made with Todd was because you have partial immunity. Meaning they can be inside of you but your personality functions independently. However it doesn't look like that for long for you." I say. 

"gee thanks" He doesn't look impressed. 

"wait, so that thing is Todd?" Probably one of the most stupidest things she has asked yet. 

"Yes idiot keep up." I face palm.