19 - Six

There was painstaking silence. She just stared at him.

"Get out! Get out of my head..its not real. I know it isn't. Snap out of it" Mono said shaking his head weakly thinking it was just another image. Something fake that they were making him see.

But Six infact was real and in the flesh, and she was gonna confront him as Six for the first time in a long time.

"I'm real. I'm really here.." she said stepping into the room carefully.

The air was dense, and she feared if she stepped in the wrong place perhaps the floor might break. All eyes were on her, except Mono's.

"What're you doing here?" He asked. His voice glitching. He tried to pull himself up but it was no use. "Who the fuck are you?! Will you fucking tell me that at least!" He snapped, panting. Raising his voice was just using the last of his energy.

"I know something if off why won't you fucking tell me?! But it doesn't matter does it?" He started to laugh. A cold sad laugh. "Its all a hallucination. In my fucking head. Get out!" He groaned in pain, closing his eyes as if it'd rid his mind of me.

"Mono." My quiet voice broke through silence.

His head flicked up at me.

"Look at me." I said. My hands shaking just a little. I was scared what would be his reaction if I pulled down the mask?

I felt the cold porcelain in my hands, gently untying it and pulling it away from my face.

He stared, and I stared back. He looked shocked and confused as he studied my face it was clear he had recognized me.

"You..? You! you! What are you doing here? How dare you deceive me! It was you all along? How dare you show your face around me!"

His words were sharper than a double edged sword and pierced my heart with something awful.

What could I say? Mono I'm sorry all those years I'm back I've changed! Mono it's cool let's be friends again! Mono it me I know you missed me! Mono I-

I had prepared for if we would ever speak again, but now I had found myself with nothing to say.

"Mono please just listen to me!" I tried.

"Don't you ever call me that again!" He said struggling to stand and coughing up a little bit of blood.

"You...you betrayed me.."

"Mono please. We can talk about this. But now here. Not when you're like this!" I pleaded.

And so the rules had been quite reversed. Mono had so ever been long ago the calm one. The one who wanted to talk things out. Now he had become the savage I once was. Tables turn with time I guess.

"Talk?! Talk! Oh you want to talk!" He said stumbling as he was finally able to stand. The flesh restricting him morphed onto his body.

"How about, " Six what're you doing?! Six please oh please dont drop me! " That sounds quite like talking to me! Your time is up Six, your chances to talk are over!" He said.

He stood with a newfound energy, his body glitching like an image on a broken monitor.

I backed away. "Whatever you're going to do Mono...please..please just think about this!"

Mono isn't home right now. Leave a message for when he gets back.

Eerie voices from nowhere were saying. I wasnt sure what happened when those things attached to him but talking most likely wasn't gonna be the way out of this.

"Mono please! I know you're in there somewhere! Please I know you are! This isn't you Mono this isnt who you are!" I cried trying to reach him. His eyes were lifeless and his body was like a walking corpse.

You're not supposed to be here.

"Mono please! Neither of us want to do this!" I cried. He was getting too close for comfort. I concentrated on the energy between my finger tips, feeling it grow hotter and hotter I didnt have to look to know the ball of swirling light was forming bigger and bigger.

"I dont want to do this, but you leave me no choice" I sent it flying at him, shocking him. An inhuman screech was let out and he was down for a bit before getting back up.

"How?! How did you-! You're almost dead!"

You shouldn't have done that.

He rushed at me, and quickly I prepared another blasting him back. And another and another. The more he got knocked down the quicker it was for him to get back up and the faster he rushed at me.

Backing away from him I fell back on my bottom, quickly scooting away.

Was this my end?

I scrambled to produce any amount of power anything as a last attempt. I sent forth at him another blasing sphere.

As it hit him I scrambled to get up quickly, it had knocked him down before sending a blast of white light in the room.

Silence. All I heard was my breath and my heart beating.

When the room came back, I saw Mono laying on the floor unmoving, the flesh and small eyes crawling off his body, scootching to get to the other side of the room.

I sat up quickly. All my energy was drained after that. I felt the room spin and like I could fall over at any moment. But I was not and could not stay here.

With a sigh I looked to him. I'm bringing him with me. We can talk later...I just hoped he wasnt dead.

I looked to the flesh and the eyes peered back at me watching. I guess they had not known I had that power. But neither did I. I had no time to think about it though, as I struggled to find some manageable way to bring the man with me.

N/A: Hi my dudes. Christmas is in five days :0. Merry Christmas!! Thanks for reading guys!! Sorry I hadnt updated in so long I've been spending time working on parts of the books plot. Also this is my first fanfic and first draft so please be kind :) thanks for reading!