14 - Six

When Six saw him leave with that girl she was pissed, but there was nothing she could do, her boss had requested a meeting with her.

Oh she did not want to go. She would give anything to not go. She knew this was serious, and she would be in even more trouble if she didn't go.

Six maybe made poor descions in her life but she was most certainly not stupid.

When she arrived she entered the shady office. The blinds were closed and there was minimal light. Dark. Just how he liked it, and still in the darkness he wore a pale white gnome mask.

"Finally you have arrived."

"You wanted to see me?" Six asked cocking an eyebrow at the geisha from last night, at both his sides.

"You're late." He said coldly.

"Only by a minute." Six snapped back.

He was quick but she was quicker.

"You always had wit, I'll give you that."

"Can we just cut to the chase, I do have a job to do." Six growled.

"Straight forward, just how I like it. Fine. Every customer at our resort is to be treated with value and importance. I'm sure you're well aware. Well so are your fellow employees, of more importance than you." His voice went from cold and smooth, to sharp and aggressive.

"I see you've been bossing around MY staff for way too long. You should know your place Six." He snarled. "Don't think for a damn minute that you run The Maw! Just do your goddamn job!" He yelled at her now.

It took every once of strength left in her body to not lose it all and yell back. She knew she would be dead if she did, quite literally.

"Oh but you need me." She said, using her seductive voice instead. "I bring in the customers, I bring in the value."

"I could easily replace you with another whore, trust me, they aren't hard to come by. All women in this world make perfect candidates." He hissed like the viper he was.

Six growled under her breath. Oh the strength it took to keep from smiting him! More strength than it would take to actually give in and do it!

"So explain to me, why a slut, a sex worker, the bottom of the food chain, YOU, think you're so entitled to be in charge if these lovely ladies?" He said motioning to the real whores on his left and right.

Six crossed her arms over her chest. Her reason would not be good enough. She was thinking of whay exactly she could say. Oh he was my long lost childhood friend, meant nothing in business.

"Oh? No answer?" He laughed before raising his voice again. "I'm tired of you thinking YOU run MY resort! I own this! I own you! I own everyone on this property, I tell you what you get to do. Not any of your little friends, not you, but me! Everyone reports to me!" He said slamming his fists on the table.

Six swallowed, her throat dry. She kept a straight face though she was scared to death of this man and hated the power he held over her.

This is why she could never leave. He knew everything about everyone. He was the reason she has a miserable life but he kept her alive, on her feet. Maybe she had something after all to be grateful for.

She bowed her head, looking down at the floor.

"I gave you this job. And I could easily take it all away. And as soon as I do, you are a trespasser on my property, and I will have you killed." He slammed his fist on the table.

"You need this. I need need this. But not as much as you. We both know you're desperate. You have no where else to go." His voice turned from calm to a growl, "so try being more grateful. I do pay you somewhat, afterall."

Six just nodded.

"Perhaps maybe I should check if you're even doing your job correctly. Tommorrow. The bar. Eight p.m sharp. Now get out of my office."

"W-what?" Six asked confused. She felt a pang of fear. What was her boss trying to do?

"Get out!" He yelled, throwing a book at her.

Six had learned to dodge swiftly, it just hit the wall.

She couldnt believe this. She couldn't believe any of this was happening. She hated everyone. Everyone here at The Maw, and most certainly her boss.

A/N: hey I'm so sorry this has come so late, you guys really deserve better for all the reads and stars, I will try to be updating more frequently since it is now summer break, I am so sorry for the short chapter, but I felt it said what it needed to. <3