8 - Six

Clarisse had pulled Six aside, sat her on a bench and instinctively started to wipe her tears off her cheeks.

"No no no. You're makeup is going to smear if you cry." Clarisse said, pulling a handkerchief out of seemingly no where. Really its just called dress pockets.

She wiped her tears.

It felt good to Six to feel looked after and cared for even if it was quite embarrassing. She couldn't stop the tears from falling.

What she wanted more than anything was to just have Mono back. She wanted him to be okay, and she felt more than stupid for chasing after somebody like that.

Mono was dead, so why did she feel like she'd still do anything for him? She didn't like it. She wanted to let go but she can't. She wanted to forget about Mono but she couldn't. She would never forget his face, or the first time she saw his eyes. She would never forget the look on his face when she dropped him.

Feeling of guilt flooded her, and the tears just came down harder.

Clarisse kept asking her if she was okay and speaking words of comfort and things like that, but it all felt distant by the time it reached Six's ears. Muffled by her own thoughts.

~~

Six sat in the corner of the children's waiting room. She sat hugging her knees to her chest and gently rolled a wooden duck on wheels. Back, forth, back, forth, back, forth. She was just trying to keep her hands busy.

She was scared, she was in another strange place with Mono. There was no way she was never in a strange place. Pale City was always odd.

This place was much worse. It was the doctor's. Six always hated the idea of them, especially...now..

Six couldnt seem to find anything but dark crevices, cob webs, and stuffed mannequins. She was glad there were no staff members in white lab coats, but the stuffed mannequins gave her just as much of the creeps, and smelled far worse than any staff employee could in their life. She was sure of that.

Six had begun to notice that when weird things were around, odd stenches often followed.

She sighed quietly, listening to Mono shuffle around in the toy box against the wall. She didn't know what was taking him so long, but she was sort of glad. She wanted to leave as soon as possible, but was also scared of what she might witness on their way out. Something about this hospital, it felt empty, but not abandoned....

"There." Mono said, pulling something out of the box. Six glanced over sort of curious as to what the boy was up to.

Mono turned around, holding a giant ugly plush rabbit that was oddly in a way cute somehow. Mono held it out in front of him, it was so huge he had to heft it up with most of his strength. He brought it over to Six, setting it down beside her.

"I got you something..thought maybe youd want to stop and rest up a bit. And this room seems safe." Mono told her.

"F-for me?" Six said quietly, tilting her head. She knew it wasn't hers, but it was the thought that counted. She had nothing but the clothes and raincoat on her back and Mono.

She cuddled up to the plush. It smelled old, and kind of gross. She just tried to ignore it. It was bearable.

A/N: its not a bear plushie but-

Mono sat down next to her. Things became silence between them for sometime. She could see Mono glancing at her in the corner of her eye.

Eventually, Six let go of the plush, and grabbed onto Mono, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him, snuggling up to him. It felt much better than the plush. Though he was quite stiff as he tensed up, straightening up at the contact, embarrassed.