20 - Mono

Warm. Green. Soft.

Green everywhere. So much god damn green. He sat up feeling much smaller and light then he remembered. He inspected his hands. Small. Tan. When did that happen?

He looked up. Bright. The sun it was bright. Yellow. Had he ever seen the sun so bright before?

Next to him sat that one girl. He had seen her before. Had he? What was her name?

He just looked at her.

She had on a yellow raincoat. Which felt really out of place in the middle of this green field. And dark unkept hair.

He just stared at her. She looked over at him and he quickly looked away.

Had he been here when he had last fallen asleep? How'd they get here?

He sat up on his knees looking around. They were sounded by a lomg expanse of green.

The girl staring at him was starting to be hard to ignore and he looked right back at her.

Yes he had seen her before. Somewhere..

"Hello."

And his voice. It felt different. Had he always sounded like this? He couldn't remember. Everything felt so lost but yet so right at the same time.

"Who are you?"

She didn't answer. Just inched closer to him, intact too close.

"H-hey get outta my bubble!" He said pushing on her shoulders to move her.

Instead she had grabbed him, no my- no- who's? Face.

"Mono! Monnnnooooo"

"Okay okay chill I'm not deaf!" He- i- them said.

"Mono can you hear me? Mono! Mono!" She shook him and soon the nice dream world faded. The green and yellow glitched and tore away to dreary sky and cold damp street. The same face standing over him.

"Oh you came to..finally"

"What?" He asked groggy. He was so delirious he had no idea what was going on.

"Hey I've..seen you before" he said coughing.

She stepped back in fear of some sort of backlash, yelling, bitterness, anything.

"Pretty. Very..but tired..let me sleep..for now" he said laying back down and closing his eyes.

"No! No sleep not here. You cant sleep here Mono. Cmon get up" she said tugging at him.

Groggily he pushed her arms away.
"No..no sleep...no time for Mono"

"Mono you're delirious you have to get up please listen to me."

Her words made no sense to him. His body was tired and he needed rest though she was right, on the curb was not the place to sleep.

She tried to pull him up. "Sit up cmon. You have to walk. It's a miracle I managed to drag you here."

He kept coughing, his eyelids almost too heavy to heave open but he managed.

He kept coughing, little droplets of blood splattering on his chin. "Please lady...I need..sleep"

"Look at me! Look at me!" She said grabbing him by the hair forcing him to look at her.

Yes! He had definetly seen her before but she could not tell any sign of him recognizing her in his eyes. He did not remember well.

"You have to get up..please." she pleaded.

He made some sort of noise before trying to heft himself up. He kept coughing, sounding quite sick.

The lady looked quite worried but it did not hit him that he had anything to worry about.

Without asking he put his arm around her shoulders for support.

"Where are we going?" He asked rubbing his eyes, trying to keep them open.

"I dont know yet..but we cant stay here.."

"Why? Why not?" He asked like a child. "I'm tirrreeddd..please I'm tired"

"I know just a little longer." She told him.

"You're..a nice lady" he said dozing in and out as she practically dragged him along.

He wasn't sure how long they walked. But she kept trying to wake him.

There was a time when they passed by TV monitors. A few people with warped faces stood in front of them staring into the screens.

"Ooh shiny..I wanna see..come take me to see the movie" Mono said, twisting to look at them.

"No. Dont look." She said trying to stop him, she dragged him past. "If you look too long you'll be looking forever."

They continue walking, Mono was only half awake. She shook him when they got to a place with a red door, a glowy sign above said Inn. But he didnt read it.

The last thing he remembered before he blacked out again was the kind lady talking to someone behind a counter, getting a key, and then ushering him to a room with a bed.