31 - Six

I lunged forward but I felt her grip onto my wrist as if her arm was made of steel. "Where do you think your going?"

"To Mono! To save him!" I squeak getting pulled back despite all my efforts to get away from her.

"No" her face was stone cold and all of her eyes looked at me. Her lips pursed.

"No? No what?" I say. Who did she think she was telling me what to do?

"No. There is no going back to save him. What they started we will not be able to undo" she tells me.

"How do we know unless we try?!" I frantically tried to pull away from her but her grip was inhuman. Her arm would not even move it was unnatural. "What is wrong with you?" I stare. I knew something about her was wrong but I had no other choice at the time. "What are you hiding from me?"

More demeaning screams roared throughout the hospital. Yet the halls were empty, no one but us was to be seen.

"I'm trying to help you" she says, voice unwavering. Her eyes never moved from me.

"How can I trust you?" I ask. Frustrated I raise my palm which would start to glow.

"Don't do this" she tells me. She did not even look scared. Maybe she should have.

"Let me go and I won't" I sneer.

"I'm doing this to protect you." The corners of her mouth turned down into a frown but otherwise, she showed almost no emotion. "This will only be your loss. You will see soon enough" she let's me go.

The white magic fades, I look at her for one last second, hesitating as another demonic screech fills the air. It is the sound of death and my heart sinking in my chest.

I rushed down the halls. I did not know where I was going, but there was chance a small feeble chance that I would find him. I was willing to risk it. I had to prove to him more than ever and this, this was my chance!  

I flew down the halls, I thought about nothing but Mono. I ran so hard my chest heaved and I felt ever touch on the linoleum floor. Those things didn't matter to me though.

As I rushed, the magnitude of my emotion triggered my powers. I glowed white as I searched through the halls. My magic would burst every door open. How unfortunate I couldn't find a way to do that earlier when I needed it.

Door after door were empty. I was not leaving this hospital until I had Momo in my arms, dead or alive.

The screams got louder. I must've been close because the hospital itself had started to shake. Debris would shower with every rattle. I cowered covering my head.

What had they done to him to turn him this way? But still I rushed on like a soilder straight to battle.

I rounded the hall, turning sharply to the left and skidded straight to a stop when I saw it.

Veins of flesh, breathing flesh stretched out. Flesh clouded over a hospital door. The screams coming from the room were deafening.

Heart thumping in my chest, I took a few steps forward. After hesitation I ran.

Whatever they did to Mono was because of me. It was because I pushed him off that ledge, I let us end up here the least I could do was fight to try and fix it.

I slammed right into the door. I tried to push it but it would not budge. I shoved against it, letting out an agitated scream and a burst of bright light shot from me, into the door. The flesh would sear, moving off the door like roaches avoiding the sun. I easily pushed it off feeling uneasy but knowing the worst was still yet to come.