23 - Six

Authors note: idk why I've been a little shit burger and havent updated the story. Mostly figuring out plot still like ahhaaaaaaaaaa. Also I'm outta school so I can put more time and energy into this book because like WHETE THE FUCK HAVE I BEEN anyway anyway no more unhinged. I'm getting bwck on it a swear I dony really care abt typos lol anyway

No. Is this really happening? No! no no no no no no! I had fought so hard and for what? Nothing!

He was alive I didn't know he was alive but now he's walking away.

I wanted so bad to run after him, but I was frozen. My eyes welled with tears and they streamed down my face. I knew my makeup was running but I didn't care.

"Mono! Mono!" I cried but he was already gone. "Come back please!"

"Please come back.."

I turned around to face the dark dreary city. I knew this place all too well. I had no use for then and no use for it now. He was the only reason. All this time. Everytime I set foot in this wretched place it was because of him.

I was different now. Eight years ago I didnt think this was who I'd be. A lousy entertainer. And for what? Why?

I killed her I could've killed them all but I chose to stay.

I wanted more all this time. There had to be something better but that something better was Mono all this time and now hes gone.

Am I gone?

"Who am I really anymore?" I grumbled to myself.

I was going to find the nearest subway, and I'm getting a ticket out of this town.

I boarded the subway transit to Pantone City. I had never been there before. It seemed like itd be quiet, boring. Simple. Hopefully.

I sat in the whole car alone, watching Pale City go by as rain pattered against the windows and the sky rumbled with grey.

The other cars had inhabitants but in mine I was alone.

Everything was still and quiet. I had never experienced quiet in so long. It's like I could almost forget all the loud. All the yelling. All the fighting.

All the terrible memories.

Everything was still. Always how I wanted it to be. Could I be here forever? In this car?

As I got further from the damp dark city, there were fields of green. And it was pretty. Many miles of farmland. Beautiful and green and earthy colors. Nothing like the clouds that always hung over the cramped city.

I looked out the window and saw farmlands and red barns and homesteads and houses. As I got closer to the destination, urban homes and soon city.

I could tell this was a country city. The builds were classical and brick and had a way to them. Sorta old school I guess. Elegant yet simple.

I had no idea what I was doing here. The sun hung so bright it almost hurt my eyes. Had I ever seen or been in a place so warm.

It felt so normal, weird. I had never experienced normal. I was so out of place in my kimono. I got weird looks by people in more casual wear. There were not as many warped faces as pale city. Most people looked...somewhat like me. There were a lot of people that were doll like. Not that it mattered anyway.

"Hello!" I said warmly to a woman at the ticket booth. "Uhm is there any chance you have any maps or your guides..or.."

"Ah! Hello there! Of course" she said sounding friendly but giving me a sore eye.

I wandered around the place. There were quite more cars and automobiles than in Pale city but the streets werent very busy.

I stopped in a sort of town square. There was a brown statue of a man in lab coat and glasses and a tribute to his advances in medicine and science.

Neat I guess.

I stayed in the city for a while. I found my way around slowly and had heard of the amusement park which was to be opening soon!

Once it had opened I came to its gates.

The place was..strange in it's own way but it seemed quite fine.

The employees seemed to have their own look..to them. Not like the dolls in Pale city. They had their own style. Stitches together but mostly humanlike quality. Except for a few extra eyes and other strange oddities.

I sighed, exhaling. It was time to let go. I found Mono. And he didnt want to be found. It was time to let go.