12 - Six

After the performance Six hurried backstage to get herself together before greeting customers who were dining.

She had saw him, and she was sure who it was this time. It had to be. It was none other that Mono. She knew it was and nobody could tell her any different.

He had the same skin as his father, but he was different. Hopefully. He had to be...Six didn't know what she would do if...

"Six darling! You did an outstanding job!" Terrance came over to her, patting her on the back. "Of course you always do a good job sweetie."

She groaned. "I'm sorry..."

"Why? What's the matter?" He asked her, taking her chin into his hand and peering into her amber eyes. She had taken her mask off backstage.

"I-I don't think I'm ready..Terrance...I'm not ready to greet customers just yet.." Six told him, avoiding his gaze.

It pained him to see how miserable she was all the time. He knew she hated this way of life. He could see how useless she felt. He always tried to lift her up, but some people you just can't, but he never stopped trying. It just pained him so much to see his friend so unhappy with her life, feeling as she had no choice but to life here, and live this way.

"You can take as long of a time you need sweetie."

When she was finally to visit with customers during meals she not help but be drawn to Mono. He never noticed her, as he was obviously spaced out, but Six on the other hand could not take her eyes off him.

She had only saw her face once in her life, but she had never forgot what he looked liked. She had never forgotten his eyes, dark pools of shimmering calm black. The eyes she had gazed into just seconds before destruction. The eyes she had once thought of as demonic, evil, scary, just like his father, but she had longed to see them again. Just once.

She would never forget his nose. Upon remembering it when she was younger she would laugh, somehow thinking its shape was a bit funny, just cause it dipped in a little close to his eyes and then made for a long straight nose. Though it hurt a little to remember.

But now as she was older, even from a distance he was devilishly handsome. She could feel her cheeks flush, which was an alarming rare occurence for her.

He looked very different now that he was older. His skin tone had chained from the faith tone she remembered to a calm grey blue that reminded her awfully a lot of rain, or cloudly blue sky. Yet he still looked the same. He was always the same Mono.

Except he was even more handsome than she remembered him being when they were younger.

She did not want to come over to his table. She didnt want to look into those beautiful dark eyes. She same eyes she looked deep into as she still let go and dropped him.

She did not want to, but her feet moved on impulse dragging herself to him on their own. She was drawn to Mono like a magent and she did not stop it. He had been gone too long, she needed to be next to him. She longed deeply to be in his presence.

Both thankfully and unthankfully two of the geisha women stepped in front of her stopping her halfway there.

"I think we have handsome over there under control."

"Yeah. We saw you eyeing him. We got him covered."

Six looked between them. It did not help they both looked the same, posed blocking her way with their arms crossed in front of their chests, and the same annoying high pitched voice and the stupid attitude.

"Get out of my way." Six snapped coldly.

"Yeah," one scoffed, "you act like you're in charge here. But you should know your place Lady."