I'm A Beast

》 ¤ Chapter 39 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Yu-Jeong's POV

Luckily, I managed to trick that detective with my great acting. I'm amused that she likes Ji-Hoon. I'm going to ruin your relationship with him anyway...

I feel bad for her because she's going to lose in the next trial and Ji-Hoon at the same time. Well, I'll do anything for money and to get my ex back...

So, she gave me her number so that I could contact her whenever I want to. For now, I'm going to meet Hye-Rin and tell her about the incident that happened just now. Soo-Young is really brave and daring at the same time. Not gonna lie, but it's true. Actually, I admire her demeanour...

I got out of my car and put my sunglasses on. I walked straight to Hye-Rin's company and went upstairs...

"Can I meet the CEO please?" I asked the receptionist politely

"Well, she's in a meeting right now. Would you mind waiting for another 10 minutes?" She said as both of her hands were gripped tightly on the table.

"Sure, I can wait." I replied and sat down on the seat while using my phone.

Once Hye-Rin was done, she came out and was surprised to see me...

"Oh, it's you!" She exclaimed and her private assistant Yun-Hee was next to her

"There's good news for you." I smiled warmly.

"Let's have something in the cafeteria. You can tell me about it there." She suggested it as she must've thought that I was hungry or something.

"Sure!" I agreed and we moved on.

So we went together to the cafeteria and ordered our food...

"It's not bad." I said with my mouth full because I was impressed.

"I hired the best chefs here. They would never let me down." She replied as she took another bite of her meal.

I can tell she is a bit arrogant...

"So what's the good news?" She asked me curiously, with her mouth full.

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention that. The detective eventually believed me and said that she would help me out. She gave me her number too." I said, while laying back in my seat as I managed to manipulate her.

"Finally, it worked out. I'm really proud of you. When is she going to meet you?" She started drinking her coffee, and I noticed that she was crossing her legs.

"Well, tomorrow! So what should I do?" I came straight to the point so I could come up with a plan.

"You'll get some papers as evidence, and you'll meet someone. She'll act as your mother." She explained while pushing her hair back.

"A woman? Does she know me?" I questioned her just in case.

"I told her about you. So you don't have to worry." She assured me to not worry.

"Alright." I sighed, feeling relieved that now I could find ways to trick her.

"So good luck tomorrow and make sure that hazel eyes fall into our trap." She gave me an evil smirk, as if now she might have a chance to win the trial.