Hard times

》 ¤  Chapter 9 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young POV

I thought it would be fine, but my guess was wrong, and instead it had gotten worse. I have to take three part-time jobs on weekdays, and I work at the fish market on weekends just to survive...

After school, I'll head to the café to work there for two hours. To be honest, I hate working there. Customers there always complain that we don't give them proper food, and even if there's a tiny mistake in their food or drink, they'll make a big fuss about it. It's so annoying! Some even threw their money right in my face because they're rich and they look down on people like me...

Once my work is done there, I'll head to the convenience store. I work there for two hours as well. Working in a convenience store is normal for me because I've worked there before. They won't mess with me either, but it's quite tiring because I have no rest at all...

After my work was done, I headed to the restaurant. I worked there until midnight. Today, before going there, a notification popped up on my phone. When I looked at it, I wasn't happy because I had a message saying that I was supposed to pay my phone for this month since my grandma bought it for me using an instalment plan...

I went to the phone store first. He told me that if I pay for my phone next month, it will be double the amount, and I'm sure that I won't have enough money to settle it. So I came to a decision. I took out my SIM card and gave my phone to the guy. I don't use my phone much anyway, so I thought this was the best solution. I sighed and headed to the restaurant...

Ji-Hoon works there too. He actually offered me to work here since I was having trouble finding a job. So once it's done, we'll go back home together...

When I went inside, Ji-Hoon was already there...

"Hey, you just came?" I asked Ji-Hoon while putting my apron on.

"A few minutes ago, why were you late?" He replied while arranging some plates on the cabinet.

"I went somewhere." I muttered while holding a stack of menus.

I passed those menus to the customers and took their orders. There was one customer who was really rude to me, which made me pissed...

"Hey, little girl. I want these and to make sure that it's perfect." That woman threw the menu on the side, expecting me to pick it up.

"Ya, can you stop being rude? I freaking hate it." I scoffed while looking elsewhere as I hate that bitch's attitude.

"Who do you think you are, huh? You're just a waitress here, so act like one." The woman said innocently while crossing her arms, and I noticed that her eyes were turning darker.

"I would not be nice to someone who treats me so rudely." I shot back with an innocent smile on my face.

"I demand to see your boss now! What type of place is this? A rude waitress? I can't take it anymore and I'm going to sue this restaurant this instant!" That woman stood up and started making a big fuss which made me to scoff as she was blaming me for nothing.

Just then, Ji-Hoon stopped her...

"Miss, please forgive her. She's new here actually. " He apologised nervously, not even letting me to speak.

"How did you even hire her?" She asked Ji-Hoon furiously and that got me mad 

"Please just forgive her just one last time. I promise that this issue will never happen again." He bowed at a ninety-degree angle several times.