Let's Make A Deal

》 ¤ Chapter 58 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

"I'm exhausted!" As I walked downstairs in my pyjamas and bed slippers, I yawned and strained myself out.

Weekends will be the only days when I can get my beauty sleep, so I'm surprised I woke up early today. Anyway, I went to check on the mailbox because Ji-Hoon was not awake and it was his responsibility to do so. It had been a difficult week for him as well, so I decided to help my daddy-I mean, that giraffe...

As I opened the mailbox, I noticed a large box right in front of me. I quickly opened it, expecting to find some Gucci shoes inside, but instead I was taken by surprise. There was a Pomeranian puppy inside, and it appeared to be a new-born. Why would anyone abandon a Pomeranian puppy, especially when they are so expensive? There was a note beside it, so I read it...

Dear Miss Choi,

If you're wondering what the heck this puppy is doing in front of your house, it's all my doing. I'm Min-Jun's neighbour, and I've heard he's your best friend. My dog recently gave birth to eight puppies, and I am unable to care for them all, so I am looking for someone to adopt them. Min-Jun recommended me to you because you like puppies. Don't be concerned about the puppy; he has been vaccinated and is completely safe.

In any case, don't abandon this puppy. Thank you so much for taking such good care of him. You will be privileged...

Sincerely from,

Mr Park's neighbour

What the fuck is this? Did he just- oh never mind I'll just adopt him. I wanted a puppy badly anyway...

I returned inside after retrieving the mails I had with me in addition to the box. I kept the box down, and the puppy is surprisingly quiet, which is amusing. Then I kept the mail on the dining table and took the mail from the court, as they were probably informing me when the next trial would begin...

"Oh, you're awake!" Ji-Hoon was surprised to see me downstairs, and he literally came out of the kitchen.

"I was awake a long time ago, but I was in my room. Have you gone through the mail?" He inquired after noticing that I was holding a letter and that there were a few of them on the table.

"Yup, and you don't have any mail, by the way, but I have court mail." I ripped the envelope happily, as Hye-Rin and I were about to face each other finally.

"So, what does it say?" He wanted to peek, but he couldn't because I wanted to read it myself.

"The trial will begin in a week! Why would they wait until the last minute to tell us?" I grumbled as I crumpled the paper and tossed it on the table when they bolded the phrase "the trial begins next week."

"That means we only have a week to get ready. This came as a surprise." He mumbled as he picked up a piece of paper from the table, which I crumpled to read.

"Hye-Rin had to have done it on purpose!" I muttered as I sat down because that bitch knows I'm not fully prepared yet.

"Ya, why are you worried?" He inquired after noticing my concern and the fact that I was cursing her.

"There aren't enough witnesses. Hye-Rin's company's director told her the truth, and I believe she found a way to defend herself. The only thing we have now are the files on the CEO of the Snizcher company." I sighed and massaged my temples, wondering what else we could do to trap her.