Dangerously Fun

》 ¤ Chapter 53 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

At the station...

"Good morning, chief; here are the reports you requested." I entered my chief's office and kept the stacks of files on his desk.

"Thank you, Soo-Young ah, and also, how's your trial going?" While reading the files, the chief enquired.

"Things are going well so far, chief." I smiled back, but I was practically humming.

"Better do well in the next trial, and it would be nice if you could leave my room right now." He lectured me and then told me to fuck off, all while wearing a fake smile on his face.

"I'll give it my all. See you later, chief." I mumbled as I silently closed his door.

"What's with him now?" Ji-Yun clenched her teeth and crossed her arms, as if she had just overheard our conversation.

"He was simply wishing me luck. Maybe he found out the other day that I failed the previous round. Also, he told me to get out of his room because he was probably doing something important." Since I finished settling those cases last week, I mumbled while arranging those files known as criminal records.

"He's far too chatty. He just sits around and does nothing." She groused because the chief and she have a history of feuding.

"Ya, why are you picking on him?" When she said that, I laughed.

"He picks on me for no apparent reason. I had a tonne of files to deal with the other day, and that idiot told me I had to turn in a report by midnight. This is not even my report; it is his. As I was taking a break, I passed by his room and saw that jerk sitting in his stupid chair, watching TV and eating his chips. "Why is he even our chief?" She was enraged and didn't seem to put a full stop anywhere.

"You'd better keep your voice down or he'll hear you." I said it with trepidation.

"If I could see him right now, I'd punch his face-

"What did you say, Song Ji-Yun?" The chief emerged, crossed his arms, and gave her a piercing stare.

"I didn't say a word!" She began stuttering because she had not expected him to be listening in.

"Do I need to remind you?" With an evil grin on his face, he asked her innocently.

"On second thought, I remembered." She smiled shamelessly while hitting me, as she always does when things go wrong.

"I'm glad you did, Detective Song, and don't make me suspend you for a week." He said it politely, but the tone of his voice suggested that he was threatening her.

"I'm sorry, chief, but I'm not going to say that again." She bowed several times, and he walked away, purposefully ignoring her.

"I warned you." I suppress my laughter, despite the fact that I desperately wanted to laugh because I had warned her.

"That idiot jerk!" She stubbed her toes and cursed him under her breath.

"Maybe he thinks you're trustworthy, which is why he's putting pressure on you. He knows you're capable of doing better." I cheered her up because chief was cold to me at first when I came for training back then, and he's still cold today for unknown reasons.

"Do you really believe that?" She bit her lower lip, unsure.

"Yes." I gave her a thumbs up and nodded.