The New Student

》 ¤ Chapter 3 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Ah's POV

I was packing my belongings and sealing them in a box. My family and I are relocating to Seoul. I'm not sure what to expect because I'm used to staying at the seaside in Busan...

I'm not sure if I'll ever make new friends after starting at a new school. To be honest, I'm an introvert. It would be great if others initiated conversations with me. I'm going with my stepsister, and I'm not even sure if we'll be in the same class. It would be preferable if we were not in the same class. I'm terrified...

"Soo-Ah, have you finished packing yet? Bring your belongings down right now." My mother yelled at me from the basement and I immediately sealed the boxes

"Coming!" I said as I ran down the staircase quickly.

"Why do you have to take your time with everything? Because of you, we're wasting our time! Take a look at your sister. She's your age, but she's more self-sufficient than you. She is not a slacker like you!" My mother chastised, crossing her arms as she narrowed her eyes at me.

We're at it again! She begins comparing the two of us...

"I'll try to do it faster the next time. Sorry about that." I sighed and lowered my head, sighing deeply as it's all my fault

"It's all right, Hye-Rin. There is still plenty of time. You don't have to be so harsh on Soo-Ah." My stepfather made a point of saying softly as she yelled at me for no apparent reason.

"Dad, mom is correct; Soo-Ah is always causing problems. You're troublesome." Mi-Young began to grumble while giving me a dirty look.

"Ahn Mi-Young, she's your sister. You should not say that to her." My father raised his voice because Mi-Young took Mom's side and she was being rude to me.

Mi-Young rectified him, "Stepsister," and shrugged her shoulders, plugging in her earphones.

"I'll wait in the car Dad, and next time I'll try to get ready earlier." I sat inside the car and gave him a tight smile as we were about to leave.

I come from a wealthy family, but my relationship with my family is strained. My stepfather accepts me and treats me equally, just like Mi-Young. My mother is unique. She adores her stepdaughter more than she does me. She likes to compare, and I have the impression that she despises me, so as my stepsister, despite being my biological mother...

We moved into our new home. It's big and fancy as usual because my family is wealthy...

I'll be attending a regular school. I'm hoping I have genuine friends...

The next day,

I prepared for school. Mi-Young warned me about something before we left...

"When we arrive at school, we must immediately act as strangers. Tell no one that I'm your stepsister. You continue with your friends, and I will continue with mine. And one more thing: please don't try to be friends with my friends. It irritates me." She warned me and gave me a sassy look while saying it and flipping her hair at the same time

"Fine, I won't bother you." I sighed heavily.

We were dropped off at school by our driver. Mi-Young and I are in different classes, which is great because I won't be able to make friends in hers. I took a deep breath and went inside as I approached my class...

"Today we have a new student, so I hope you all treat her well. Please introduce yourself." The teacher warmly smiled and said

"Hello there, everyone. My name is Soo-Ah, and I'm excited to get to know all of you." I bowed politely at a ninety-degree angle and introduced myself.