Rot In Prison

》 ¤ Chapter 60 ¤ 《

A/N I can't believe that it's already the 60th chapter! Well it supposed to reach it earlier but it took me 3 weeks to update so...

Anyways the cover posted up there was done by my bestie. She volunteered herself to do it since she liked my novel very much. I really love the cover and I'm very grateful for her on doing that...

Gives you a lot of love ♡♡♡

Back to the story by the way...

♧♧♧

Hye-Rin's POV

The same day, at the AMF Company...

The trial begins this week, and I'm nervous. The hazel-eyes girl has messed with my employee, and now my lawyer is unable to attend. I need to find a replacement lawyer, but will they be competent?...

"Are you okay, Mrs. Ahn?" Yun-Hee looked worried after observing my actions because I wasn't doing anything when she told me about today's reports and deals.

"I'm feeling a little worried. The trial is this week, and Ga-Ram is unable to represent me on that day. I'm just hoping for a better lawyer." I sighed and massaged my temples to relieve my stress because a lot had been going on lately.

"What happens if you lose the trial? I mean, it's not going to be all that bad." She tried to cheer me up by telling me that if I lose it, there will be no consequences because they will most likely fine me instead.

"If I lose this trial, I'll be in prison, which I don't want to happen! My husband isn't even rooting for me!" I slammed on the table angrily, not wanting to lose; not to this hazel-eyes girl.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Ahn; I shouldn't have said that." She bowed several times, apologising for asking about that, which she felt was a mistake.

"It's okay, you were attempting to help me." I took a deep breath to calm myself down because I knew Yun-Hee didn't say that on purpose.

"What are your plans?" She asked me nervously as she realised how worried I was about it.

"I'm hoping for the best because the CEO will handle it." I replied as I leaned back in my black leather chair, crossing my legs and clicking my ball pen.

Just in time, the CEO called, prompting me to pick up the phone and find out whether the news was good or bad...

"Good day, Mr Yang. Have you had any luck finding lawyers to represent me in the upcoming trial?" I inquired, my gaze darting to the pendulum bob as I represented hope.

"Greetings, Mrs. Ahn, and yes, I have found a list of them. You may select any of these attorneys or prosecutors." He responded, which made my heart feel lighter and put a smile on my face because I won't be facing any problems now.

"Send me those lawyers, and I'll choose one." I told him and sat up straight.

"As you wish, Mrs Ahn." He nodded and abruptly ended the call.

"Mrs Ahn, Miss Jang is here. Should I call her?" Yun-Hee asked me softly right after I put my phone down whereas Yun-Hee was holding a tablet, and the receptionist would have probably informed her about it.

"Of course, bring her in." I explained that I had told Yu-Jeong to meet me in my office yesterday.

She came in a few minutes later...