I feel betrayed

》 ¤ Chapter 44 ¤ 《

A/N Play the song while reading and if it's over play it again. Enjoy reading ♡

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

The reflection of the sun hit my eye, which woke me up as it was disturbing. When I woke up, I had a massive headache and it felt like my head was about to explode...

Shit, I drank too much last night thanks to that fucking trial, and now I'm suffering from this fucking hangover...

I massaged my temples after that and realised I was wearing the same clothes that I wore for the trial yesterday. So I folded my blanket and went upstairs to take a shower since I stink...

Once I took my shower, my headache reduced and I felt refreshed, but yesterday's incident is still fresh in my mind...

Should I just give up? My evidence is fabricated and I can't even find anything to prove it. But the judge gave me another chance, so should I use it, or should I just withdraw? Urgh, I feel like a mess...

I washed my face once again and wiped it with a towel. Since I had to go to work, I threw on a t-shirt, a pleated shirt, and a pair of black jeans for me to wear. Once I wore those, I tied a loose ponytail and went downstairs. Ji-Hoon was downstairs, holding a tray filled with food, which was weird as I thought he would go to work...

"Where are you going?" He asked me as he saw that I was about to leave.

"To work." I replied without glancing at him.

"You don't have to go today. You're on leave till Friday." He kept the tray on the dining table while taking out those bowls one-by-one from the tray.

"Wait, what? Why?-

"They want you to relax because of the trial yesterday." He cut me off and I bet they were worried because I ran away just like that.

"Oh," I wondered in unison.

"Let's eat before the food gets cold!" He gave me a tight smile while passing me the chopsticks.

I nodded and took my seat right after I took the chopsticks from him...

"Thank you." I said awkwardly since we had an argument like 2 days ago and I wasn't in a good mood anyway.

"Don't worry about it though." He said as he started eating, and he probably knew that I wasn't in my right mind.

"I'll try." I sighed while chewing those food particles slowly.

We didn't have a proper conversation either, and that's because I didn't want to. Once I was done eating, I cleaned the dishes and went up to my room. I'm feeling bored because I'm on leave till Friday...

I felt bored staying in my room for too long, so I went downstairs and saw those papers stacked on the table. This must be the evidence I threw out yesterday, and that giraffe must've picked it up. So I sighed while looking at it...

As I was referring to it, I realised that my evidence was different to what I said to the judge yesterday. Since they gave back my evidence, I ran upstairs again to collect that evidence to compare it with this one...

I came back down, brought those two sets of papers to the dining table and started reading them. Just then, Ji-Hoon came out of the other room, which is the evidence room and came towards me to see what I was doing...