It's Gonna Be You

》 ¤ Chapter 43 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Ji-Hoon's POV

I got a call from little mouse and she told me where she was. I sighed in relief because I'm glad she's never done anything stupid. I told her team that she called me...

I drove quickly to the Han River. I ran to the bridge looking for her as she never specifically told me where she was waiting! Not only that, there were a lot of people there, so it was hard to find her. While looking everywhere by walking further, I felt that someone was coming towards me, and as I turned to my right, little mouse was running towards me quickly, giving me a hug...

"Don't leave me, Ji-Hoon ah." Soo-Young hugged me tightly and began crying, which startled me, but I eventually gave in, as she was probably scared

"I won't, little mouse, and I'm sorry for not coming to the trial today." I said softly as I hugged her back tightly and my hands were trembling when I stroked her long wavy hair.

"I'm sorry too." She kept weeping, which broke my heart into two.

We stood there, hugging for a while. I realised that it was snowing too...

She finally settled down and we were in the car. I drove and, honestly, it was very quiet. She was looking outside through the window. She is not herself right now because she hates silence and keeps talking no matter what...

"Ya, have this." I gave her a lollipop, trying to start a conversation with her.

"No, I don't want it." She did not glance at me, but still, she was looking through the window.

"You never say no to sweets." I muttered, as it was weird for her to reject it.

"I'm fine." She gripped her arms.

"Look, just focus on the next trial. It's not over yet." I sighed as I knew that she was thinking about that, of course.

"What's the point of focusing? She will try to defeat me anyway. I'm such a fool for suing her in the first place." She scoffed as her voice cracked at the end, probably because she felt emotional.

"Ya, you've come so far, and now you want to give up?" I stopped the car since the traffic light turned red while looking at her as I never expected that answer from her.

"I don't know. I'm so lost right now. I just want to leave everything around me." She trailed off and again she was just looking through the window.

"Get yourself together, little mouse! Just because you lost this time doesn't mean you have to give up! I've been through this thing as well, but I never gave up! She may have stronger evidence than you this time, but the next one, you will find more. It's just you don't know yet." I advised her because she is behaving the same way she did six years ago.

"I don't know." She removed both of my arms from her shoulder while turning away.

She is really not herself right now...

"I'm sorry, Ji-Hoon ah, for putting you into all this trouble. You helped me a lot, but it ended up becoming like this." She folded her arms tightly and said

I don't want to say anything as she is not in the mood to listen...

"Ya, you should call your team and tell them you're fine. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have found you." I gave her phone as she left it at home, and I almost forgot to call her team to tell them that I'd found her.