Why Little Mouse?

》 ¤ Chapter 40 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

At the station...

So, Hye-Rin eventually pressured the CEO by posting edited pictures of him with some women...

Why do I sense that something is fishy right here? It's just my gut feeling, but the evidence they gave does make sense. I'm really confused...

Honestly, I've been having a lack of sleep for the past few days. I was busy with the trial, and sometimes I even skipped my meals because of that...

Anyway, Yu-Jeong and her mom are the witnesses. I really need to read more about this CEO. What did Hye-Rin do until he had been really pressured? That is what I need to find now...

Just then, I heard some noises outside. It sounded like Mi-Young...

"Ya, where's Soo-Young?" She asked my team, and I could hear her heels from here.

"She's inside." Hyeon-Jun answered and I bet he was pointing where my room is.

"She's free now, isn't she?" She asked him again just to be sure.

"Yup, she is, you can go in!" Hyeon-Jun exclaimed

Therefore, she came to my room while giving a piercing stare. I wasn't looking at her because I was busy looking at the evidence I had gathered...

"Ya, Choi Soo-Young!" She called my name out loud to get my attention.

"Oh, it's the peacock!" I said sarcastically because we don't really get along.

"You won't stop calling it that, won't you?" She scoffed in disbelief while crossing her arms.

"Well, it suits you, sweetheart. Have a seat! " I cupped my face while smiling at her innocently.

"Are you free right now?" She asked me worriedly if she was troubling me or not.

"Well, I'm busy finding evidence to take your mom down, but I do have time for you." I said this while arranging the papers and storing them in the drawer.

"Okay, it's really important and I want to know your opinions about it." She replied it nervously without glancing at me.

"What is it?" I muttered

"Look, there's this friend of mine, and she has a boyfriend, but she doesn't have feelings for him. She's dating him for the sake of her parents. So one day, her friend confessed his feelings towards her and she also liked him, but she didn't know what to do. If she breaks up with her boyfriend, she'll ruin her mom's reputation. What must she do to take down her boyfriend?" She asked me while giving me those pitiful eyes, and I understood the situation very well.

"Ya, why do you want to use your friend in this situation when this is just about you?" I stretched myself while yawning, as it was clearly obvious.

"How do you know-

"Of course, I know. I'm a detective. Lee Chang-Woo is your boyfriend, and you don't like him, just as I expected. You're just dating him because of your parents. That day, Jae-Joon confessed his feelings towards you, which made your heart skip a beat. You like him, but you wish that you could just break up with Chang-Woo. You can't because it would ruin your mom's reputation. Not only that, Chang-Woo's father's company is very powerful and you can't do anything. So you're asking me for help. Isn't that right, Ahn Mi-Young? " I narrated as I was playing with my pen while smirking at her.