I Gave It To Pickles

》 ¤ Chapter 68 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Mi-Young's POV

I was at work, settling some matters because my father had gone to attend to some meetings he had today. So I was busy doing his business, and he was attempting to teach me so that one day I could be a CEO...

"The stocks are doing really nicely, Miss Ahn." The executive director entered my room by showing me his tablet, which displayed sales numbers for the month.

"That's wonderful to hear, and I'll notify Dad. However, I have got reports that there are some issues with the most current stocks. Would you please alert the production staff and let me know what the true problem is at the factory?" I described how many complaints I'd had from manufacturing employees regarding the current product and how we needed to remedy it since sales would suffer as a result.

"I've got it, Miss Ahn." He chuckled uneasily, his lips pressed together, since he led the production team.

"Could you kindly help me by forwarding this to the marketing department, if that's okay with you?" I asked him for a favour by handing him a black file with information on the marketing level that I had created this morning.

"Sure, I'd be delighted to help." He smiled kindly and walked away after taking the paperwork from me.

I am actually the director of my father's office since he believed I would be ideal for the job. When he's busy with meetings, I'll take over his job since he trusts me to make sound judgments. To be honest, it's exhausting...

I sprang onto the sofa in front of my desk as soon as he walked away, letting out a loud sigh. I was exhausted today as a result of all of the tasks that needed to be completed. Not to mention that Chang-Woo was exacerbating the situation by implying that my mother would lose the trial. It honestly makes me sick, and all I can hope is that she finds a way to establish her innocence in the last hearing, or else Soo-Ah and I will have a difficult time...

♧♧♧

Work was done, and I was exhausted. As I reached my house, I noticed that my mother was also present, which shocked me because I had not anticipated to come home so early. I also observed she wasn't acting like herself, and it was all because of the trial...

"Can we talk, Eomma?" I stopped her from entering the room because I saw she appeared a little gloomier than normal, despite her efforts to hide it.

"Sure, we can. I'll have the servants make us some tea." I nodded as she smiled pleasantly.

We sat on the coffee table in our garden. The maids made some delicious tea and biscuits. It appears to be delicious...

"So, what do you want to talk about?" She questioned as she sipped her tea, her gaze fixed on the birds in the cage.

"I heard the news. Are you okay?" I told her the truth, my eyes softening as I looked at my mother, who was upset.

"I'm all right." She smiled and assured me, but I knew she wasn't since her expression said it all.

"What are your next steps? I'll assist you!" I inquired, dipping a biscuit into my tea and taking a mouthful of my biscuit.

"I don't have a strategy. If I lose the trial, I'm prepared to give myself in." She gazed at the ground blankly and ended up laughing as hard as she could, but not in joy; she was laughing in pain.

Is she being serious? This is totally not her! She is not going down without a fight!...

"What exactly are you saying, Eomma? You must not give up!" I was shaken by her statements since my mother isn't the sort of person to give up no matter what kind of position she was in.