Leave This Case Or Die

》 ¤ Chapter 56 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Author's POV

January 9, 1998

At the station...

"The CEO of the Genz Company donated 150 million won to flood victims, and people couldn't thank him enough." A reporter recounted while holding a microphone in his hand, and footage of Mr Lee assisting the victims was shown.

"Simply wait and see, Mr Lee. Tonight will alter the course of your life." Jae-Jin muttered to himself, his hands intertwined, smirking at the television.

"Today is your lucky day, Seonbae, because we have strong evidence to prove Mr Lee's guilt." Officer Song exclaimed as he handed Jae-Jin a pink file, excited for tonight because they had worked so hard just for this case.

"Thank you very much, Officer Song. Tonight, let's stick to the plan. Preparation is key." Jae-Jin smiled at him and gave him a quick glimpse, knowing how important the mission was.

"Are you certain that your family is okay with this? Your wife is always concerned about you doing risky things like this, and both of your girls are only 4 months old." Officer Song inquired, concerned, because he had overheard his wife arguing on the phone most of the time.

"Ya, I'm an officer, and it's my job to apprehend criminals like this. My wife knew I wanted to be an officer, so she can't oppose it. Everything will be fine." He convinced the officer with a toothy grin and a relieved expression on his face.

"As you wish, Seonbae." Officer Song simply nodded his head, knowing that he couldn't go up against Jae-Jin's tenacity

Though since Jae-Jin had a mission the latter night, he decided to return home to rest first. Also, he is aware that his family will be upset because he did not return home for the entire night...

"Eomma, I'm back!" While taking off his shoes, Jae-Jin started calling out to his mother.

"You've arrived home early! That's quite surprising!" His mother emerged from the house, holding a feather duster, bewildered to see his son arrive so early.

"I have to go back to work again later, eomma. I have a case to complete!" With a smile on his face, he said firmly while gripping his dear mother's shoulder.

"When are you leaving, Jae-Jin?" She asked delicately because she needed to make time to prepare dinner for him.

"Later tonight, around 7 p.m. Let's hope everything goes well!" He giggled, pulling his mother's cheeks, because if this goes well, he intends to take the entire family on vacation.

"I have a question for you, but promise me you won't be offended." She took his hands away from her face and firmly gripped his hand.

"What is it, eomma?" He was perplexed when his mother suddenly became serious.

"Can't you give it to someone right now? Must it be you? You've been working the whole week and haven't had time to spend with your wife and the twins. It's just my gut feeling, but I don't think it's necessary for you to go. Your wife is very concerned about you, and going on a late-night mission is not a good idea." Her eyes softened as she pleaded with him not to leave because something bad was about to happen.

"I know you're worried, Eomma, but it's my job as an officer. I've been working out for three months and I can't leave it like this! I know it's not necessary, but as an officer, I must be present." With a cheeky grin, he cupped her face, assuring and persuading her to understand.