Best Friend

》 ¤ Chapter 52 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Hye-Rin's POV

A/N Play the song while reading and if it's over, play it again. One of my favourite songs btw. Enjoy reading ♡

At Hye-Rin's bungalow...

"What exactly is this, Hye-Rin?" Chang-Wan asked me as he flung the crumpled newspaper on the table, enraged.

"What simply do you mean, what is this?" While casually questioning him, I crossed my arms.

"Aren't you going a little too far?" He raged at me, pointing his index finger straight at my eyes, and, as I expected, he saw the news that I had to fire my employees.

"I realised I didn't require a large number of them. They aren't necessary for this project in any case." I lied because I knew Mr Lee would do something if I spilled everything, and Chang-Wan would never let me run the company again because he would compel me to close it down.

"You are, in fact, using them! You're currently all over the news! What can you say about yourself?" He took the crumpled newspaper once more and pointed to the front page, where there was a photograph of me speaking bravely to the reporters.

"I'll be widespread for a time. After a few days, those folks will go about their daily lives." I stated it simply to terminate the conversation since I don't want to reveal the truth.

"But don't you feel sorry for them?" He hesitated and continued, his voice becoming lower because our maids were gazing at us and might misinterpret it.

"I do, but as I already stated, they are unimportant. I didn't terminate them; I simply didn't want them to be a part of this endeavour." I pour a glass of water for myself because my throat is dry, and sip it while looking out the window.

"Aren't you being self-centred? You literally utilised them to your advantage! They labour tirelessly to assist you with this assignment, while you spend your time lounging around with Mr Lee." He questioned me, his fist gripped tight in an attempt to suppress his rage.

If only you could understand what's going on...

"I did it as well, so quit with the bullshit, Ahn Chang-Wan ! It's my business, and I know how to run it. Just remember to bring up yours instead!" I yelled at him as I approached him, telling him to mind his own business.

"Well, it's because of me that your company is still number one. Because of your situation, I wanted you to be independent, but you ended up becoming arrogant." He scoffed as he took a step forward.

I'm aware of this, and I'm grateful for it, but I don't have a choice...

"I appreciate it, but now that I'm in charge of the company, I don't need your advise. This is something I can handle!" I faced him with an arrogant expression on my face because that's how I had to be, an arrogant bitch.

"Well, best of luck! I'm grateful to the woman who is suing you. You deserve it nonetheless, and I sincerely hope she wins the trial! Hye-Rin, you must accept responsibility for your conduct." While scoffing, his brown eyes darkened.

"Is this the way on helping your best friend?" I smirked and laughed softly, thinking we were best friends because of how we treated each other.

"Best friend? I don't suppose so because you don't require my counsel. If you're playing this way with me, I'm doing the very same thing. I'll offer that girl my complete support, and Soo-Ah is supporting her too. I'll cooperate with Soo-Ah on this to bring you down." He whispered in my ear, giving me goose bumps and shooting shivers down my spine.