After 18 years

》 ¤ Chapter 6 ¤ 《

♧♧♧

Soo-Young's POV

School was finally over, and I could head back home. Soo-Ah will be coming to my house because we have some school projects to do. We waved goodbye to Ye-Ri and left...

"So what do you want to eat?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh come on, I'm just staying here for a while. I don't need to eat anything." She started laughing as she saw I was being too formal about it.

"I usually don't get visitors, and you're technically my first." I was skipping like a small kid.

"Since you said that I am your first visitor, would you cook for me then? Make me your best food." She thought about it really hard, and she must've felt bad for me or something.

"Of course I will! I'll make jjajangmyeon for you because it's my speciality." I said excitingly, and it's my very first time cooking for someone besides my grandma.

"I hope it's not bad." She gave me an evil grin, which got me mad.

"Ya, my food is tasty alright." I folded my arms and gave a pout as she doesn't seem to trust me.

"I will only find out once I taste it." She said while smiling warmly

"Trust me, it's good." I patted her back and even grandma approved it.

Anyways, we reached home...

"Sorry, my house isn't fancy and big like yours." I said nervously while rubbing the nape of my neck.

"It's okay, it's beautiful anyway." She assured me by saying it genuinely.

"Make yourself comfortable while I'll prepare some jjajangmyeon for you." I put on the apron as I didn't want to ruin my uniform or else Grandma would kill me.

"Sure, take your time." She said, while looking around the house.

The truth is, it took longer than I expected. Poor Soo-Ah, she must be starving. Well, luckily she's staying until 7.30. While I was cooking, Soo-Ah started with the project. I can't even believe she had finished half of it...

"Ya Ahn Soo-Ah, food is ready. Sorry it took so long." I brought the bowl to the dining table nervously as I felt guilty.

"It's okay, I'm your first visitor anyway. Let's eat. I'm starving." She rushed to the dining table as she was very hungry.

"Let's dig in!" I gave an evil grin while gripping my sliver chopsticks

"Wait, where's your grandma?" She asked me as she realised Grandma was not here.

"She'll be back soon, and she told us to have our so-to-call dinner first because your mom will be fetching you soon." I said, with my mouth full and all of the black sauce were all over my mouth. I'm such a messy eater

"By the way, the day after tomorrow is our birthday! What do you do on your birthday?" Soo-Ah asked me curiously but sadly we won't be celebrating together as I need to take care of the fish market.

"Well, nothing actually. I just eat delicious food. No presents." I answered honestly.

"You seriously have never gotten any presents from anyone for the past 17 years?" She gasped as she never expected that answer from me.

I was actually surprised when Soo-Ah and I shared the same birthday. It's very rare for people to be born on the same day...

"Yup, because my grandma isn't earning much either. She worked really hard just to raise me, and she couldn't afford me the presents I wanted. Instead, she cooks for me delicious food. When I was young, I always felt disappointed because I didn't get presents, but as I grew older, I understood why, and I don't care whether I have presents or not. Even Min-Jun and Ye-Ri wanted to buy presents for me, but I refused because their parents don't earn much either. For me, celebrating with my loved ones is my birthday present." I explained nervously and a small smile appeared on my face after that