The Munch

Elliot's POV

Social gatherings are not normally my thing but it was the day of the Sub munch and it was all I could think about all day at work. As soon as I got home I jumped straight in the shower and then put a blue-collar jumper and a pair of black jeans on. I kept my hair down but styled it so it had its curls. I was nervous but also really excited about the meetup. The group chat had been blowing up the last couple of days mainly from people showing what they were going to wear which I'm grateful for because, if I didn't have Sim to help, I would have 100% shown up in the complete wrong dress code. I slipped on my converse and made my way into the living room. Sim was hunched over some papers. "Everything okay?" I asked him leaning over to look.

"Yeah. I'm done now. I was stressing slightly but it's fine. It's fine."

"What's fine?"

"Oh it was just about this design I thought I'd completely lost it but I found it." He lined up the papers and put them in a pile. Sighing happily, he turned to me. "You look well nice. Take it you're excited."

"More nervous" I laughed.

"Don't be nervous. It'll be fine. You literally know everyone already but if you get overwhelmed just tell me and we can figure something out."

"Thanks" I smiled.

"No problem. Let me just put my shoes on and we can go." He went and grabbed a jacket and his shoes before I called an Uber.

We were going to an all you can eat world buffet thing which honestly stressed me out a little. As a bigger person, I despise all you can eat restuarants purely because of the looks you get when you get more than two things on your plate. I pushed that fear to the back of my mind as I got in the Uber. I kept checking the group chat as people began to arrive.

"There's literally only one change from Club to here and that's clothes. Like everyone looks the same they just have different aesthetics." Sim told me. My anxiety began to peak as we pulled into the car park of the restaurant. I squeezed my thumb into my palm and tried to steady my breathing. We got out of the car and I saw a group of about five people stood outside. On moving closer I realised it was Ro, Oli, Daichi, Charlie and Jordan. They looked really different outside of the Club especially Charlie. I wasn't used to seeing him without the blue collar around his neck. "Simon has actually arrived on time? Are you okay?" Oli shouted over. I laughed. Sim flipped him off. The rest of them waved to us and Ro ran over and gave me a big hug.

"I'm so glad you're here! This is going to be so much fun!"

"I'm really excited," I told him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the group.

"How are you, Elliot?" Jordan asked me hugging me lightly.

"Good" I smiled. I hugged Oli too. I didn't know Charlie or Daichi well enough to initiate hugs so I just asked them how they were. I don't think Charlie does hugs anyway because he didn't hug Sim either.

We all chatted as more boys turned up. I was finally introduced to Tyler, he was the last one I had to meet and oh my god he was intimidating. He was only an inch or so taller than me but he was buff. He looked as l though he could break my arm with one flick. "Hey, Elliot right! I have heard so much about you. It's good to put a name to the face." He smiled.

"Yeah same" I smiled back trying not to be too awkward.

We ended up just waiting for Nicki and Alex. "Why am I not surprised at all?" Calli rolled his eyes as he leant against Gio's shoulder.

"I'm taking bets on which one is going to turn up first" Sim called.

"My money is on Alex. If it involves food he's usually more punctual." Daichi injected leaning against a post.