A Look into his Company

Elliot's POV

Sunday morning. I heard Sim stumble in at around half three/four o'clock last night. As much as I wanted to sleep my brain wouldn't let me, I think I've been a bit overwhelmed about everything for the last few days. So as I was laying in the darkness I found myself scrolling through Facebook. I came across a tagged picture a Uni friend had posted. A throwback to two years ago, a group photo of the American football team. I scanned it and my eyes landed on number 42, his dark hair falling across his face, a bright candid smile mid laughter, his bright blue eyes glinting in the sun. He looked perfect even when he was covered in mud.

Aidan.

Fuck.

I felt a stinging in my eyes. I went to that game, they won and they were celebrating for days after. I hardly even got a chance to congratulate him before his team dragged him away for the start of their winner's bender. We didn't talk much those few days, I wasn't supposed to message him, team tradition whenever they're out drinking if someone gets a message from a partner, fuck buddy, booty call or any sort of hook up they either had to buy a round of shots for everyone or take a forfeit drink. He got pretty mad at me when we started dating because I would message him to make sure he was okay. I learnt eventually the best thing to do was to just not message him when he's out. I took to messaging him in the mornings when I woke up and during my breaks. I told him how amazing he was and how proud I was of him. He sent me heart emojis and thanked me, promising that when the winning bender was over we'd go out, have some fun, spend time together.

Though I know I didn't want to, my hand worked before my brain and I clicked on his profile. His account was pretty public so I could see everything. He does football coaching on Sundays for kids. I smiled remembering how good he was with Clay, my little cousin. My mum liked him, said he was good for me. I've always been a pretty shy kid so anyone who could get me out of my shell was a good influence in mums eyes. He didn't post much on Facebook so all the posts I saw were achievements and tagged posts. I don't think he's in another relationship yet at least not in public. I sighed my finger wanting to click more but I shook my head and clicked off the app. Come on Elliot. Go to sleep. Don't ruin tonight. Tonight was fun. I thought about everything that had happened and my cheeks heated up. Tonight was really fun. Putting my phone down and wrapping my arms around a pillow I let myself drift off.

Usually, I set a light alarm for twelve on a Sunday so I at least wake up but I didn't last night so when I finally rolled out of bed it was past 1 in the afternoon. I had nothing planned. Finally, a day with absolutely nothing planned where I can go over everything that's happened in the last two weeks specifically what happened last night. What time did I even fall asleep? I took a deep breath and sat up grabbing my phone. I had activity until four fifty-seven. I sighed and flopped back onto my bed. Can I justify spending a day in bed? I racked my brain but it just kept saying no. Taking my sweet time I climbed out of bed and sauntered over to the bathroom.

I could hear the TV on in the living room which meant that Sim was awake. I wonder if he's doing anything today. He might be going to the club later. I don't want to make it into a habit. After last week and the embarrassment of falling asleep on Master Thomas, I knew that three days out in a row was pushing it. I mean I've known three days out in a row was pushing it for years. I couldn't even bring myself to do that at Uni. My stomach growled. I guess I'm having a late lunch. Though I can't cook I can do the basics without burning my house down. I wasn't going to become dependent on Sim's cooking. That's not fair on him.

An egg salad sandwich and packet of ready salted crisp later and I flopped down on the big chair in the living room. Sim had hardly even batted an eyelid at me as I began my meal. "Did Master Warwick keep his promise?" He asked randomly.