Café//02

Café: A café is a type of a restaurant which typically serves coffee and tea, in addition to light refreshments such as baked goods or snacks.
————————————————————————

(Y/N) would never be able to tell if it was morning, noon or night had there not been her alarm. She liked to keep her blinds rolled all the way down, considering she wasn't that high up and she never liked her privacy being displayed to people walking around. Her apartment was always warm during the cold days, having only her room, a small bathroom and a room that was both her living room and kitchen combined.

Getting up, the girl walked to her bathroom and took her time getting ready for work. Besides going to college, (Y/N) worked in a fairly occupied café near her apartment. The café had normal working hours that fit right with her schedule and the money she made was enough to pay for necessities, bills were handled by her parents.

Packing her bag, she looked around to see if she had forgotten anything and only then remembered the letter she wrote last night. Her soul felt like leaving her body when she thought about the letter, not because doing something like that was nerve wrecking but rather remembering the killer on the run. She knew she was overreacting, but the nervousness just wouldn't leave her alone. Not letting herself think about it any longer, she grabbed the letter and stuffed it in her bag along with another paper and a pen.

It was cold outside, mornings like these usually made the girl shiver but still welcome the fresh air.

The plan she had was to go through the path of a forest that a lot of people went through in the early mornings, jogging or just walking around. On the right side of the path, about five minutes away from the streets was another, smaller path that used to lead to a park.

However, the smaller path was no longer used by people after they made a clearer and a faster way to get to the park.

She wanted to leave the note near the entrance of the tiny path, so that it wouldn't be in your face but people passing by could probably see it if they paid enough attention.

The forest was beautiful as always - even if the leaves were heavily pattered on the ground and the branches held no volume anymore. Autumn was only pleasing if you were warm enough, otherwise there wasn't much to admire.

Arriving to the small path, (Y/N) looked over her shoulder multiple times to make sure no one was looking and quickly stuffed the letter, paper and a pen in a hole on a tree, leaving a part of it visible to others. Quickly turning around she walked away and headed towards her workplace.

Entering the small café, (Y/N) took notice of the girl wiping the tables, her blonde ponytail swaying left and right as she cleaned. The girl was pale, with a couple of freckles decorating her skin and seemed like she does not want to be here.

"Tanya, good morning!" (Y/N) said, trying to sound cheerful, covering up her nervousness that creeped around. Tanya jumped at the sudden noise and turned around while placing a hand on her chest.

"Christ, what's crawled up your ass to sound that happy so early in the morning!" she spoke loudly, obviously being startled by her coworker.

(Y/N) only laughed as she placed her coat and belongings at the backroom of the café. Tanya walked behind her, now finished with her cleaning and went to the cash register.

"It just seems that today's going to be a good day is all... Didn't mean to scare you like that." (Y/N) said as she took a cup of water and sat on a chair. The place wouldn't open for another twenty minutes at least so they could just sit and relax.

"Good day my ass..." Tanya grumbled, "It's so cold outside, I just want to crawl back in my bed and wake up in April."

"I never said it wasn't cold, it just seems like it's going to be a good day...at least for some of us." The girl eyed Tanya as she finished the sentence.

Truthfully, (Y/N) only said that to lighten her own mood. She was never this nervous about anything, but she strongly felt as if the murderer is going to find the letter and then find her and kill her. Even if the Thompsons weren't as near to her neighborhood, a fifteen minute drive wasn't long either.

"Yeah, anyway, you've watched the news last night?" Tanya spoke cautiously, it was evident that she too was shaken up by them.

"I listened to the radio, but I've heard about the murder – had to call Oliver to talk afterwards." (Y/N) chuckled, remembering the conversation they had.

"I called my boyfriend, told him that if it happens again this close he's got to let me stay with him, there is no way I'm dying." Tanya said sounding very serious about it.

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile, Tanya had a subtle Russian accent that made everything she says quite interesting , even if it were a joke or something serious.

"Good decision, better to be safe than sorry." the girl concluded while rising from her chair. "Come on, it's time to open this place." she said, motioning Tanya to the door. The two opened the café and went on with their day, sometimes stopping to chat.

Their shift passed by quickly and the girls went on their separate ways. (Y/N) headed towards her college building, today she only had a two hour lecture to attend and after that she was free. Walking through the busy halls of the building, she tried to pass by numerous students who looked like corpses, aimlessly wandering with no thoughts behind their eyes.

Finally getting to her classroom she noticed Andrew, a tall boy with bright green eyes and the stupidest grin on his face. His hair looked like it wasn't combed properly, falling over his face and some strands sticking out of his head.

Next to him stood Lauren, the girl who, if you don't look twice, looks like a fairy – (Y/N) would always tell her how she's only missing the pointy ears and the wings. You could just look up a fairy on the internet and a picture of Lauren would be there.

She sat next to the pair and only then noticed how tired both of them look.
"I take it that both of you heard about the murder then?" They both nodded.

"I stayed up late researching about the murder, it sounded unique in a way, so I thought that maybe there could be clues somewhere, you know, maybe ties to a cult...But no luck." Lauren said. She was one of those people who loved to play detective, but she would make valid points during her researches.

"I was at a party, I've only heard about the murder this morning but eh, he can't kill me if I say no. What about you (Y/N)? You don't look so shaken up by it." Andrew said smiling widely at the girls.

Andrew was the comedic relief friend, very smart but would always choose not to show it. (Y/N) knew he was going to be careful, if he were to be stupid about it he wouldn't hear the end of Lauren's complaining.

"Worked this morning so I'm too tired to show any emotion, but you know very well I called Oliver to calm down." She replied, showing a weak smile. The trio conversed a little more before the professor showed up and the lecture started.

(Y/N) couldn't focus on whatever the professor was talking about, she was too busy thinking about the letter she left in the forest. Truthfully her mind has been occupied by that thought throughout the whole day, however she forced herself to think about how an actual normal stranger was going to respond at one point, not a murderer as her brain tried to tell her. She decided that she was going to come back to the place on Sunday, six days from now, hoping to see a response.

As the lecture ended (Y/N) parted ways with her friends, rushing to get home. Autumn time meant that the night was to come sooner and she didn't want to walk home in the dark. During her walk home she paid attention to all the details, the smallest corners, the alleyways... She savored all of it before arriving in her neighborhood, only then was she able to just look at her building and slowly pick up the pace. Her apartment still warm, blinds still down, and her bed neatly made, she dropped her things and laid on it. The rest of the afternoon she scrolled through social media, talked to her parents, telling them about the situation and reassuring them she will be safe.

The sleep would only consume her around eleven, right as she finished all of her tasks and let herself think about the letter yet again. This time praying for it either to be answered by a random jogger or not be answered at all.