3:13AM,love//41

WARNING: Contains quotations from "Captain Cornelli's Mandolin" by Louis de Bernieres.

3:13AM, love: ?
—————————————————

"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then it subsides."

Two figures stood alone in the woods, cold wind making both of them stand still. Glossy eyes stared at the navy blue mask, breaths quick and painful. The eyes he saw were the one of a doe. Barely visible in the dark, he could still see his reflection. Like glass, not teary – just stained.

"And when it subdues, you need to make a decision."

The smaller figure reached for the bigger, placing shaking hands on tense shoulders. No one spoke, not even nature. Dead, it could be described, the whole scenery was - Intimate but depressing.

"Take your mask off, there's no one here. I want to see your face. Please."

The gray face was stained. Irritated was the expression it held. Still, it never stopped the smaller hands to caress the skin dirtied with tar. The wind played with the hair of the taller figure, sending chestnut locks left and right and making a mess.

"You have to work out whether your roots are to become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part."

How she adored his face, no other soul would be able to explain it. Beautiful memories constantly played in her head, blocking out all that is bad. He was kind to her.

When you have no eyes to greet you in the mirror, the world is dull. There were no colors that held meaning, no way to show your deepest emotions. Only darkness, scary and sad, completely lifeless. Her eyes were the most beautiful piece of art to him.

"There are these emotions that I cannot explain. I came here to tell you about them."

"Because that is what love is."

She looked at him with anticipation, wanting to hear about the foreign emotions. Maybe those were the ones that created a storm in her own being. The ones that made her stomach turn, her head hurt and her way of thinking change.

"I've got an idea of what those emotions are, I have read about them in romance books. I've read many because that's what you thought my favorite genre was."

"Love is not breathlessness, it's not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No...don't blush. I am telling you some truths."

It was like in a book, this scenario. Their two figures close to one another, her hand cradling his face and his empty eye-sockets staring down at her. She urged him to go on, speak up, tell her all the things he wanted to say.

"I believe I like you. The foreign feelings are almost the same as the ones in the books."

He didn't understand why she'd smile at him so softly, hearing those words. That face held no intention of mockery, only understanding and relief. Rising his hand over her own, he squeezed it lightly. And when she didn't move it, slapped it away – he exhaled, smiling.

"For that is just being in love; which any of us can convince ourselves we are."

Their silence was cut short when she began chuckling. Lowering her hand from his face, she pulled their intertwined ones towards her lips, and kissed his cold one. The look she gave him was pure, leaving him breathless.

"I believe that I like you too."

Time was frozen for them, the loud wind no longer bothered them. There were no other sounds besides the ones of their own breathing and silently spoken words. The girl stepped closer to the eyeless boy and embraced him in a tight hug. Their bodies together made him freeze, not knowing what to do.

It took him a couple of seconds to mimic her, slowly wrapping his own hands around her waist. While the girl felt bliss, her companion drowned in doubt. The words she spoke made his thoughts spiral in different directions. Everything that he thought would happen didn't happen.

"Why?"

His question made her heart hurt. The differences between their worlds were big enough for anyone to notice. Both had their own doubts about each other, which was normal, but they didn't let them get in the way in this moment.

"There are many reasons. You're a kind man, Jack – believe it or not. There were many chances in which you could've killed me, but you never did. You could've kidnapped me and held me as a prisoner, but instead you let me roam free."

There was a short pause in her speech, using this time to catch her breath. As she continued to speak, her hand started rubbing circles on the boy's back.

"Maybe I'll never completely understand your lifestyle, me and you lead very different lives Jack. I want to try, because I've found myself with you. You probably never experienced love, but you will now. Who you were before, who you are now it doesn't matter. To me you will always be just Jack. A guy who doesn't understand jokes, is stoic and takes up my whole couch."

He closed his eyelids and rested his lips on the top of the girl's head. Sighing, he squeezed her closer to him, not knowing what to say. All of the things he did now were the things he picked up from books he read – that's how they'd describe affection.

One thing he didn't learn from the book is the heavy feeling in his stomach. It felt like something mixed with fear and acceptance. The girl however was familiar with the feeling, the one described as "butterflies in the stomach."

"I'm way too used to seeing your head tilt when you find something confusing. Too used to your nose scrunching in disgust when you see the food I eat. The way you proudly smile when you manage to leave me embarrassed over the small things you do or say. So don't leave now."

Words could only tell so much. Everything she said came from the bottom of her heart. Perhaps she could find better words, she always could – but her being was on a high that wouldn't allow her to think harder. She just needed him to stay.

"Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away."

They were tangled in a hug for a long time, providing heat to each other during the freezing night. Neither wanted to let go, but they knew they shouldn't just stand there forever. Breaking the hug, he could finally see the grin that spread across her face making his expression soften, smiling softly. When she cupped his cheeks with her hands, he knew what she wanted to do – so he let her.

"Doesn't sound very exciting does it? But it is!"

It was an innocent, short kiss that they shared. Jack wasn't experienced nor did he know if he was before the incident. (Y/N) tried her best to guide him properly. He learned that his new favorite thing will be when she smiles into the kiss, the feeling was sweet.

As they shared it, both lost in the feeling – the clock ticked 3:13AM, and they were both finally released from all the painful feelings that were carried for a long time.

Lovely.

—————————————————-
Folks, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Now, this isn't the end of the fanfic, there will be more chapters because we all need some of that good old romance in our lives I think. Enjoy your day/night and remember to take care of yourselves. I'll be seeing you on Tuesday.

Also, for the curious - if you'd like to know the meaning of the title, it's angel numbers. Just type that out and add love at the end ;)