Ink//46

Ink: A colored fluid or paste used for writing, drawing, printing or duplicating.

—————————————————

"Dear diary,
Work was boring this week, besides the fact that my coworker got engaged. College was also kind of boring. I mean, when it comes to college everything is boring. I've been doing great recently, sketching and all. I decided to read the book "Liar" by Justine Larbalestier for fun. The news are getting boring to me, the police still didn't catch that murderer – it's everywhere. Quite annoying."

Jack wasn't dumb. He'd figure it out for sure.

(Y/N) walked back home in a rush. She didn't want to stick around the park, especially that early in the morning. While walking, she thought if Jack would figure out her little clues she left about her worries of the statement from the police she heard on Tuesday.

The girl opted for the good old "diary entry" when she wrote the letter, knowing that the tree in that park was a part of the other end of the forest. There was no way that she was going to risk it by writing a dumb "hello" or "dear stranger" like she used to do before. If the police ended up finding it like that, they could think that maybe it had something to do with the murderer.

Maybe she was paranoid, maybe not – but there was no time for her to think about it, she played it safe for Jack. The measures she'd take for someone like him were impressive even for her.

Nearing the building she resided in, the girl noticed two police cars parked in the front. There was no need to be nervous, she'd reckon that lying became a thing she was good at.

Right, I guess it's our time.

Her apartment door was blocked by two policemen knocking on them. She frowned for a second, collecting herself before speaking up.

"Excuse me? Are you looking for me?"

The two men turned around to face her, offering slight smiles when they saw her.

"Aha, so you live here? Morning run I suppose?" the older looking man spoke, noticing the way she was dressed. She offered them a fake smile, taking her keys out of the small bag on her shoulder.

"A walk actually, but yeah. I suppose you're here for the questioning?" she spoke while unlocking the door and entering her apartment.

"Yes, we are. We've got a couple of regular questions as assigned, but – miss (Y/N) (L/N), we'd ask you some other questions as well, if that is okay?"

Sitting on a chair, she looked at them confused but nodded anyway.

"Yeah, it's okay."

"Don't worry, the other questions are going to be connected to the attack you've reported back in October. The one you wished to stay anonymous for."

She could only nod again, signaling for the cops to start asking her questions.

"Alright, have you noticed anything unusual in the past month? Months even – It doesn't matter."

"No, I have not unfortunately. I leave the apartment at 7AM for work usually and am back around 5 or 6PM after college, depending on the day but during all of that I've never saw anything unusual."

"Okay, what about seeing someone strange, or noticing someone acting strangely?"

"Another no. I don't really have a big friend circle. Three people here and none of them acted strange. And I don't think I've seen anyone strange, besides my attacker months ago."

If she could describe this questioning, it would be annoying. The girl didn't see how could these questions be of any use to their investigation, but then again, who knows what the police could be hiding from the citizens.

"I see. Miss (L/N), your neighbor from downstairs mentioned how he'd hear multiple people up here sometimes and it appears that you are the only one here. Is this something we should be worried about?"

What the fuck then?

"Perhaps the multiple voices were my friends visiting. They would sometimes stay overnight too, so I don't really see the reason anyone should be concerned. But if my neighbor minds, I'll make sure that when they visit again we'll be quieter."

The older cop chuckled at her response. Her eyes darted towards the younger cop who stood by his side. It was odd how he didn't say anything – maybe he's a trainee?

"I apologize for such a question. We won't bother you much longer, I just need you to answer one more question."

"Alright."

"The report said that you've seen a 'tall person with a masculine voice' – is that really what you've seen?"

(Y/N) raised her brow at the man. His demeanor changed from friendly to suspicious in such a short amount of time, it creeped her out. Sighing, she rubbed her forehead with her fingers.

"Look, if it helps you, they wore white shoes. Sir, I was underneath a car, and to be honest with you, I didn't go to a psychologist to talk about it. I'm trying to suppress that memory considering that it was awfully traumatic. I really don't know anything else. It was dark outside and I was expecting to die."

The cop seemed to feel guilty now.

Good, dickhead.

Lowering his hands that held a small notebook and a pen, he smiled at her slightly – a guilty smile, of course.

"Okay, I apologize once again. That's about it that we have to ask you. If anything happens, please make sure to contact us. We'll be out here today and tomorrow, after that the search is over. Take care miss, and thank you for your cooperation."

She watched as they left her apartment, finally able to breathe properly again. She looked out of the window, seeing them with two other cops get in their separate cars and leave.

There is no way they are stopping with the research tomorrow. That forest was gigantic!

She hoped that she was wrong, that they really just would stop after tomorrow and that Jack would come back to her. But something told her that she should get ready for a scare or two.

———————————————————————
Hi! Here's the other chapter! I had fun writing these two chapters, so I hope that you folks will like them! As for the next chapter, I'll have it up on Wednesday. I hope you are enjoying your day/night and remember to take care of yourselves folks!