Paix//50

Paix: French word meaning Peace.
————————————————

When Jack spotted (Y/N) he was reminded of their first encounter. A blank look on her face, tucked in the corner of the couch. The air surrounding her was suffocating, as if she was completely bathed with tiredness and a hint of anger. The only thing missing was a gun in her hands.

He stood above her, completely frozen as he watched her rise from the couch. The way she walked towards him was menacing in a way. Slowly, with a bitter look on her face, he couldn't even breathe properly.

Her hands reached towards his mask, snatching it off and throwing it on the soft carpet. Jack expected a slap, a punch if you will, but there was no impact of anything. She only stared.

If he were a normal person, her stare would've made him crumble on the spot.
Her brows furrowed slightly, but the look in her eyes only reflected relief. Before he had the chance to speak, she wrapped her arms around his waist tightly, burying her face into his hoodie.

"Is it really you?" she spoke softly. Her voice sounded fragile, filled with concern. Returning the hug, he planted a kiss on top of her head and hummed as a response. As soon as he responded, he felt her give out, which prompted him to squeeze her tighter.

Carefully he moved them to sit on the couch, pulling her legs over his in a more comfortable position. Jack rested one of his hands on her thigh while the other was wrapped around her shoulders, stroking the side of her arm gently.

"They said that the killer was caught on the news."

"He was. But it wasn't me."

"Who did they catch then?"

She now tilted her head upwards, looking at him completely confused. The boy sighed before smiling at her slightly. Jack didn't really expect to find her in this condition. Truth be told, he thought that he would surprise her while she watched a movie or made some late night snacks. Turns out, he still wasn't that good at understanding how humans react to certain things.

"It was someone who bothered me, so I've set them up."

He didn't want to tell her that it was the creature that lurked around the forest for a short time, seeing that she wasn't that well. Even a dumb person would know how crazy it would be to go through with a plan that corners someone so dangerous. Especially someone who already tried to kill you.

"I see. I'm glad they won't be bothering you anymore then."

If it doesn't escape that is.

He put trust in humans to keep the Rake locked up, even if he was particularly strong. Considering that it was everything but a human, regular jail won't be the place it'll be locked up in. Knowing how humanity works, it'll be a cold day in hell before it escapes the place they'd use to experiment on the thing.

But knowing how stupid they are as well, It wouldn't be surprising to be hit with mutant escapees in a couple of years.

Jack could tell that she really didn't want to know anything else, and for that he was grateful. Seeing her in this state now, there was no avoiding the fact that he'd have to learn much more about human emotions. Last thing that the boy wanted was to catch her looking like this again.

"Jack, I hope there isn't a next time but – next time, tell me about your plans. I'd rather worry for days than experience something like this again."

"Of course."

They sat on the couch in that position for a while, savoring every touch and breath that they'd miss during this whole period. (Y/N) later had to get up and text her friends that she won't be coming to college tomorrow. While doing that, she texted her boss as well, telling him that she felt really sick and couldn't make it to work either.

Jack was sort of happy about those decisions, it meant that they would have a whole day for each other.

He watched as she walked towards the fridge, pulling out a plate of food she probably didn't get to finish. Turning his attention to the TV that illuminated the dark room, Jack grabbed the remote and played one of those shows he found interesting.

Sprawling on the couch and immersing himself in the show as (Y/N) ate, he didn't notice when she finished eating which led to him flinching when he felt someone sit on top of him. Blinking rapidly, he adjusted his eye-sockets to what was on top of him only to find (Y/N) staring down at him with a weak grin.

The boy wasn't prepared for her to attack his face with soft kisses, leaving his own lips for last. It was then when he realized how much he had missed her. He cupped her face with his hands, returning the favor.

Neither of them stopped with their showering of affection, even after the liquid coming down Jack's cheeks increased, dirtying both of their hands and faces. They enjoyed each other's presence in peace, knowing that at least now no one would be able to interrupt them.

They finally had the time to talk about things that happened during the time they were separated, sharing a few laughs at some of them. Jack listened as (Y/N) rambled about her friends and her job, mostly focusing on how she grinned while talking about it.

Exhaustion would only hit them after midnight, and they moved to (Y/N)'s bedroom upon her request, saying how she "didn't want to separate again after so long." It took Jack a couple of minutes to get used to the fact that they shared a bed tonight, but it did bring him joy knowing that he'll be able to hold her.

They fell asleep tangled, letting all of their worries fly far away.

———————————————
Hi! This chapter's a little short, my apologies for that. The next chapter is probably going to be pure fluff, and finally - no more separation. I hope you've enjoyed this one, I'll be uploading the next one on Thursday! Hope you're having a wonderful day/night and remember to take care of yourselves folks!