Mayhem//05

Mayhem: Violent or extreme disorder, chaos.
———————————————————
Walking home alone at night when there is a murderer lurking felt horrible. The girl tried to tell herself how it's not any different usually, she is a woman after all. Getting catcalled at night and getting murdered might as well be the same type of a stomach drop when you are completely alone.

The streets were awfully quiet. (Y/N) remembered all those times she would stay up late to study and curse at the teenagers outside screaming. She used to hate it – now she's begging for them to run around and scream while having fun.

Nearing her home, she finally got what she begged for. (Y/N) heard screaming.

Unfortunately, the screams were not the playful ones, but the ones you'd only hear in horror movies. And as if commanded, she started running. Her legs would only give up on her when she noticed a figure emerge from the forest, about twenty meters away from her. The girl fell on her knees, shaking and breathing heavily.

Quickly crawling underneath a car parked on the sidewalk, she tried to keep her breaths quiet and short - mentally yelling at herself to not scream.

From what she could've seen in a short amount of time, the figure was tall. As she was trying to turn to the side underneath the car the figure let out a blood curling growl that only made her put her hands over her mouth. Tears started gliding across her face as she tried her best not to let out a sound.

The girl laid there for around ten minutes before she heard the footsteps near her. The footsteps were fairly quiet, if you weren't paying attention you most definitely wouldn't hear a thing.

Whoever that was, they kept walking and grunting, making (Y/N) think that the figure was hurt. The voice of it sounded soft, fragile – masculine as well. At this point (Y/N) had no idea if this was the murderer roaming the street or a victim that managed to escape.

Her train of thought was lost when she heard glass being broken, only to realize that the person was now breaking the windows of cars parked on the sidewalk.

They were no longer grunting, weeping sounds could be heard not so far from where she was hiding. The weeping wasn't the one of a sad person, they sounded frustrated and angry.

Not moving at this point, body so stiff that if squeezed a little more it would start cramping up, (Y/N) laid on the floor slowly starting to believe that she won't be getting out of this alive.

The loud glass breaking stopped when she heard sirens in the distance. And like a ghost, there were no more sounds, the weeping was gone, and so was the person.

When the police arrived the girl crawled out of her hiding spot, her makeup smeared from crying and her knees bloody from the harsh fall. She was put in the car and sent to the station for questioning. Her head felt numb from all the thinking and fear.

The police didn't keep her in the station as long as she'd think. Before they started with the questioning, her scraped knees and arms were cleaned and bandaged - making the whole process even more painful.

She didn't bother looking at the police officers that questioned her, her eyes were fixated on the glass of water in front of her.

"They were tall...Masculine voice...That's all I know." was the last thing she said to the officers before they drove her home.

It was midnight when she shut herself in her room, checking if her windows and door were locked beforehand. She crawled in the bed, the bandages on her knees and arms making her uncomfortable.

(Y/N) then took and checked her phone. She was grateful her phone was on silent, hadn't it been, the 138 messages and 54 missed calls would've definitely been her death sentence.

Tired and completely out of it, she still found strength to respond to Andrew and Lauren who've spammed her phone with messages and calls. Before locking her phone and putting it away she noticed the e-mail Lauren had sent her and started to sob.

(Y/N) broke into hysterics upon remembering what happened just about two hours ago. Screaming into the pillow she put her hands over her ears begging to just fall asleep. The tiredness won over her when she forced herself to calm down and drink a diazepam with some water.

There was no trail of blood, but a wound still stood on his stomach. Blood being soaked up by his hoodie, Jack entered the small shed deep in the woods and sat on his chair. Turns out fresh air wasn't something he needed. The lack of things to do left Jack wandering the forest for hours, and when the night came around – he could just smell it. His instincts took over his own being and he ran straight into a man in his late twenties.

It didn't take long to kill him, but considering that Jack wasn't himself at this point, he made no effort to silence the man – and of course, as he was struggling he managed to get a good stab in Jacks stomach. It didn't hurt as much as he expected it to hurt, but it still stung.

Taking off his hoodie, the eyeless man started tending his wound. He wasn't hungry anymore, but now he had a bigger problem to deal with. It was only a matter of time when the news would blow the story up and the police would start with their search. There was no time for Jack to sleep tonight, it was time for him to camouflage his small shed. He wouldn't have a problem hiding when it comes to cops with dogs running around, the real problem would be if they sent helicopters out.

When he bandaged himself up, he stepped outside and started working. Many things were running through his head, one being making a plan of where he could go if things got messy. His main thought however was how if he had more time, he would've surely got a bite of the girl hiding underneath the car. Her scent was something that would linger in his mind for a long time.